Posted Fri, 14 Jun 2013 02:53:29 GMT by Clifford Cole Midwest Design And Drafting Llc Owner

I am creating several erection drawings that would benefit greatly from the new feature "Preferred for Manual Dimensions" using the Steel Osnap.  This feature seems to not be working very well for me, however, since I am forced to check the box next to "Steel Osnap" every time I select a new dimension point.  Is there any way to keep the box checked next to "Steel Osnap" until I want it unchecked?  Also, the manual dimensions do not stay in their original position after updates sometimes, even if I manually picked "Steel Osnap" at every single dimension point.  Is this a bug, or am I just doing something wrong?  Thanks so much for your help.

Posted Fri, 14 Jun 2013 12:05:19 GMT by Dumitru BERTEANU Graitec ROMANIA

Can you please mention on what CAD platform are you using Advance Steel, and also mention the AS version ?

If you use AS 2013, please make sure you have the latest service pack 2 installed, which fixes defects related to the manual dimension position during update.

Posted Fri, 14 Jun 2013 13:25:33 GMT by Clifford Cole Midwest Design And Drafting Llc Owner

I am using AutoCAD 2011 and Advance Steel 2013 with service pack 2 installed.  Thanks!

Posted Mon, 17 Jun 2013 08:35:44 GMT by Dumitru BERTEANU Graitec ROMANIA

Currently the respective snap point is used by Advance Steel while running on AutoCAD, but the check-box appears as not checked. This cosmetic issue is fixed for the next AS version - 2014. You will be able to use the snap correctly on this version thou, after selecting it once. .

As for the dimension lines that move after update : please attach a sample model + drawing which after update get the manual dimensions moved, for further investigation. Also, check the the behavior still exist if you delete and recreate the respective manual dimension now, after installing Service Pack 2.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

GRAITEC Services
Training
Consultancy
Development
Free Trial
GRAITEC Products
Advance Design
Advance Workshop
Advance BIM Designers
PowerPack for Revit®
PowerPack for Advance Steel
Autodesk Products
Collections
Subscriptions
Cloud services
Advance Steel
Revit®
Autocad®

GRAITEC GROUP 2018 | WE'VE UPDATED OUR PRIVACY NOTICE - Click here to find out more about how we collect, store and handle your personal data and your rights.