Posted Thu, 20 Mar 2014 18:09:58 GMT by Nenad

Hallo,

Can I define the level label (see the picture attached) in drawing style?

I can add special model role to objects whose levels I want to define?

Cheers,

NN

Attachment: Level symbol.zip

Posted Tue, 25 Mar 2014 18:41:57 GMT by Nenad

Ok, I read my own post and I think it is not clear enough.

There is a command for level symbol in the drawings:

_AstM4CommDetCrHeightKote

Using it, you can add a level symbol in the drawing, as the one that can be seen in the attached picture.

Now, I have to give the level symbol for approx 300 parts in the drawing, and it would be nice if it could be done trough the drawing style.

Or I can do it manually.

Then again - I can vacume the dust off of my drawing borad, and fill the rapidographs in... ;)

p.s. - what in the name of God have happend to the "input area stretch" in the lower right corner?! A few minutes ago I was posting a new toppic, and there it was... Is it not working after 18:30? I'll try again tommorow... ;)

Posted Tue, 10 Jun 2014 09:45:49 GMT by Nenad

Haven't found the solution yet...

The AS generates the view with labels arrangement, and then I have to add the levels for traverse, and then to move the labels...

Anyone any idea how to speed up the process?

Cheers

Attachment: level kota.zip

Posted Tue, 10 Jun 2014 10:44:18 GMT by Marian Bandzak

Hi Nenad,

As far as I remember, it was not possible to automatically add the level dimension in the shop drawing. I will check, if this option was not added in some of last versions.

Regards,

marian

Posted Wed, 11 Jun 2014 10:00:47 GMT by Nenad

Hi Marian,

thanks for the reply.

Just to mention, if someone plan to work on this issue:

- the level attached to the part is not really attached to the part - it remains at the same level if the model gets updated and the part changes the elevation. Would be nice if it could "remember" the part it was connected to, so the level could change with the part elevation if it is changed...

Cheers,

Nenad

Posted Wed, 11 Jun 2014 10:46:55 GMT by Marian Bandzak

Hi Nenad,

I got confirmed that it is not possible to use level dimension in drawing styles for shop drawings at this moment, but the issue is in development, so maybe in some future version...

Regarding the position of level symbol after drawing update, I made short testing and in my case the value in level symbol updates correctly. The problem an be in osnap mode used for placing level symbol - you should use osnap to node (in my case I tested and worked also end point). Can you attach a part of your model and the drawing to check?

Marian

Posted Tue, 17 Jun 2014 14:50:16 GMT by Nenad

Hi Marian,

sorry for being late - I was in kind of rush...

I have attached the part o the model along with the drawing...

Cheers,

NN

Attachment: elev. lab. prob..ZIP

Posted Wed, 18 Jun 2014 10:58:30 GMT by Marian Bandzak

Hi Nenad,

I tested the behavior on workshop drawing - if level symbol is placed in assembly drawing e.g. on the head of column and the column is moved verticaly, the label value in is updating according to new position. In your case it is arrengement drawing. I discussed this also with another colleague and he said that level symbols are not updating in arrengement drawings (standard behavior).

Regards,

Marian

Posted Wed, 18 Jun 2014 11:09:57 GMT by Nenad

Hi Marian,

I am a bit confused - I would use the elevation level on the site, to elevate some assy and weld it on a certain level.

I am not sure what could I use elevation level for in the workshop - as the assys are just puting together in there and then taken to the site where you should level them...

But ok - I've got my answer - it can't be done.

Thanks,

Nenad

Posted Thu, 19 Jun 2014 16:39:53 GMT by

You could use the level dimension in a shop drawing of a column to indicate to the fabricator where the finished floor is in relation to the base plate. If the column is to go below floor level in the ground then they could apply a special coating

I'm trying to figure out how to achieve this by the use of some automated method such as level dimensions but haven't had any luck

Any suggestions out there?

Posted Fri, 27 Jun 2014 12:57:02 GMT by Sorin Bularca Graitec ROMANIA

Hi Tony

From what I undestand currently we don't have an automatic way to obtain what you are mentioning. You can use manual Level dimensions _AstM4CommDetInsertAnno with relative or absolute settings and you can also add prefixes and suffixes by modifying the folowing Default in Advance Management Tool -->Drawing-labeling-->General-->Level Symbol Preffix/Level Symbol Suffix

Regards,

Sorin Bularca

Graitec APAC

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

GRAITEC Services
Training
Consultancy
Development
Free Trial
GRAITEC Products
Advance Design
Advance Workshop
Advance BIM Designers
PowerPack for Revit®
PowerPack for Advance Steel
Autodesk Products
Collections
Subscriptions
Cloud services
Advance Steel
Revit®
Autocad®

GRAITEC GROUP 2018 | WE'VE UPDATED OUR PRIVACY NOTICE - Click here to find out more about how we collect, store and handle your personal data and your rights.