Posted Thu, 03 Feb 2011 22:57:47 GMT by William BROOKS Pinnacle Drafting Owner
We have a NC machine here that will only accept CAM data. How do I do that?

Thanks

Bill
Posted Fri, 04 Feb 2011 09:04:54 GMT by Dumitru BERTEANU Graitec ROMANIA
Hello,

You can export CAM data through a series of commands that will generate CAM files based on the manufacture ( Hi-Span, Metsec etc.). Those commands are found on the AS BOM&NC ribbon (for AS 2010) or AS Documents (for AS 2011) - see attached picture.

Regards,
Dumitru Berteanu

Attachment: CAMExport.jpg

Posted Mon, 07 Feb 2011 13:51:56 GMT by William BROOKS Pinnacle Drafting Owner
I tried that after renumbering the model, the drawings have been generated, model extracts have been made, but I get an error message that reads "Errors in NC creation process: No NC files were created for the current style."
We are evaluating the beta download for the website if that makes any difference.

Thanks

Bill
Posted Mon, 07 Feb 2011 17:05:25 GMT by Valentin Dumitru Graitec ROMANIA
Hello Bill
By CAM data do you mean NC files, or DXF files?
To create NC files you have to use the NC command which is shown in the attached print screen. The same thing for the DXF file only that will be the second icon.
The Ayrshire-CAM is a specific NC file for Ayrshire profiles. I think it was a little bit of confusion with the previous answer.

Attachment: Capture.JPG

Posted Wed, 09 Feb 2011 15:29:24 GMT by William BROOKS Pinnacle Drafting Owner
The Machine is a FICEP running a software called ARIANNA. It will accept files with the extensions of fnc, pcs, nc, nc1 & txt.  We have tried the nc and the software will not read it. We tried changing the extensions to txt and nc1 and it still would not read it. We also tried the DXF export but there is no option for reading DXF. We have a guy coming out to check the machine and we will see if we are doing something wrong on our end. Please let me know if there are any known conflicts between the two softwares.

Thanks

Bill
Posted Mon, 21 Feb 2011 14:52:46 GMT by William BROOKS Pinnacle Drafting Owner
-UPDATE- there was nothing wrong with the NC files generated by Advance. What had happened was, I had made a user section of a guardrail (which the NC data was not supposed to be used) and the locations for where the mounting holes are required to be caused a .nc.err file to be generated, I suppose the holes were not meeting minimum edge distance to the bent faces. Anyway, we all saw that and knew we weren't going to use the data anyway so we just ignored it. But the guy running the FICEP loaded all the files anyway, and it was stopping on the .nc.err files and proceeding no further in loading the remaining files. So deleting the .nc.err files solved the problem. Everything appears as though it will work fine.

Thanks

Bill

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

GRAITEC Services
Training
Consultancy
Development
Free Trial
GRAITEC Products
Advance Design
Advance Workshop
Advance BIM Designers
PowerPack for Revit®
PowerPack for Advance Steel
Autodesk Products
Collections
Subscriptions
Cloud services
Advance Steel
Revit®
Autocad®

GRAITEC GROUP 2018 | WE'VE UPDATED OUR PRIVACY NOTICE - Click here to find out more about how we collect, store and handle your personal data and your rights.