Posted Fri, 01 Oct 2010 00:56:51 GMT by Greg Daneshvar GD Drafting Steel Detailer
When detailing base plate or end plate I like to see all thread option to use. On end plate to have an option to weld it to end plate too.

Regards,
Greg Daneshvar
Posted Fri, 01 Oct 2010 09:40:02 GMT by Dumitru BERTEANU Graitec ROMANIA
Can you please explain this request better ?
Is the problem referring at the weld symbol that doesn't appear in drawings?
Posted Fri, 01 Oct 2010 21:52:39 GMT by Greg Daneshvar GD Drafting Steel Detailer
Dimitru,
Sorry not being too specific on my question. Below is my explanations.
A-Base plate.
A1-In base plate dialog box >Anchor and  holes option there is  "Threaded Studs" to choose but when I select it anchor diameter, anchor grade and anchor assembly  boxes have no values to select & this is a type I was looking for.
A2-What is the difference between "Set" & "Set Screw"? can you convert the metric values to Imperial so we in United Stats can use?

B-End Pate
B1-In end plate dialog box "Threaded studs" can be used but there is no parameter for welding studs to end plate. The weld is only for beam/column to end plate.
B2- I have an end plate connection which requires both welded studs & holes for masonry screws (type of screw is called TITEN-HD by Simpson Co.) is there any possibility to add hole option on end plate in addition to welded studs?

Thanks again for your help.

Regards,
Greg Daneshvar
Posted Mon, 04 Oct 2010 11:10:31 GMT by Dumitru BERTEANU Graitec ROMANIA
Hello,

A1 - The "Threaded studs" is not available in our US installation of Advance Steel 2010. Please send us the AstorBase.mdb database ( C:\ProgramData\Graitec\AdvanceSteel\2010\Steel\Data) where new type of bolt/anchor assemblies are stored in order to check its configuration to see why you don't have the grade/anchor assemblies options available in their roll-down menus.
A2 - The difference between the two anchors consist in the amount and type of washers/nuts they have. The two standards were added by following a metric standard. In order to "convert" them to imperial, we would need the standard for them in imperial. Advance Steel will show their diameter values in imperial only if their value would fit one of the existing predefined values that is mapped to display as imperial. This mapping between the metric values and the display type of the imperial units is made in the database : BoltsDiameters (found in the AstorBase.mdb database). Here you can see that for bolts with diameter = 6,35, at the interface we'll se the diameter = 1/4 inch, while the diameters already in metric like 6, its displayed with 6 mm.
B1 - When creating a stud in this case, the weld is automatically created between it and the plate. Its options are available for modification from the model, by right clicking on it and choosing Advance Properties.

B2 - The joint dialog doesn't give the option to create holes on the end plate, but you can create a hole pattern from outside the joint.

Regards,
Dumitru Berteanu
Posted Tue, 05 Oct 2010 10:38:48 GMT by Dumitru BERTEANU Graitec ROMANIA
Hello,

For a bolt assembly to work, it needs a valid bolt type, which can be read only from the following two categories : Bolts and Tie bolts. In your case, the bolt type "Threaded Studs" configured for the bolt assembly : "Threaded Studs"is not present in any of those two categories, therefore the bolt assembly doesn't have a bolt to use and can't be created or used by the joint in the model. In order to configure it correctly you need to add a new bolt or tiebolt called : Threaded Studs, and configure it as required (with the Grade : Mild steel, and having the necessary bolt diameters). Then, confirm it in the bolt assembly and save the bolt into the database.

Regards,
Dumitru Berteanu

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

GRAITEC Services
Training
Consultancy
Development
Free Trial
GRAITEC Products
Advance Design
Advance Workshop
Advance BIM Designers
PowerPack for Revit®
PowerPack for Advance Steel
Autodesk Products
Collections
Subscriptions
Cloud services
Advance Steel
Revit®
Autocad®

GRAITEC GROUP 2018 | WE'VE UPDATED OUR PRIVACY NOTICE - Click here to find out more about how we collect, store and handle your personal data and your rights.