Posted Sun, 21 Feb 2010 02:23:17 GMT by Greg Daneshvar GD Drafting Steel Detailer
How I can set up Advance Copy option to copy into multiple areas? When I use this option & can copy into one area only & if I want to copy the same connection I have to select the original with insertion point then chose another location.

Thanks for help.

Greg Daneshvar
Posted Mon, 22 Feb 2010 09:49:35 GMT by Dumitru BERTEANU Graitec ROMANIA
In order to copy connections, please use the tools : "Create by template" (for one copy) and "Create by template, multiple" (for multiple copies) found on the "Joints" toolbar. The second tool which can copy multiple joints, will first ask you for the source joint, and then the multiple input elements for each category.
Advance copy tool works for single elements, or a group of elements which are not linked as a joint. To do a multiple copy using this tool, you need to set more then 1 copies in the dialog, and make the pattern only using the provided tools (copy on direction, array, polar array etc.).
Posted Mon, 22 Feb 2010 17:30:30 GMT by Greg Daneshvar GD Drafting Steel Detailer
Thanks Dumitru,
In Adcance copy I input 4 for multiple copy, select objects (it is a cope at top & bottom flange on a beam), select insertion point, by the time I select the first beam dialog box appears & when I said OK it put the cope on one beam & did not allow me to select other beams.

It seems I can not use multiple copies in Advance Copy. Any other solution?

Thanks,
Greg
Posted Tue, 23 Feb 2010 17:19:21 GMT by Dumitru BERTEANU Graitec ROMANIA
To copy a feature (top and bottom cope) please start the Advance Copy tool, select the objects (using the top right corner button : Select objects), set the direction, distance between the copies and number of copies and press OK. You shouldn't be asked about any insertion point, cause the elements (copes) will be copied regarding any support beams for them.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

GRAITEC Services
Training
Consultancy
Development
Free Trial
GRAITEC Products
Advance Design
Advance Workshop
Advance BIM Designers
PowerPack for Revit®
PowerPack for Advance Steel
Autodesk Products
Collections
Subscriptions
Cloud services
Advance Steel
Revit®
Autocad®

GRAITEC GROUP 2018 | WE'VE UPDATED OUR PRIVACY NOTICE - Click here to find out more about how we collect, store and handle your personal data and your rights.