Posted Fri, 18 Oct 2013 19:54:51 GMT by FEDERICO LLOBET

Hello, I create my user sections but I can not use them in truss, rails and others. How can I add them to the AS Standart library? I'm using AS2014.

Regards,

Posted Fri, 18 Oct 2013 22:11:28 GMT by Gomez Marcellus

Hello, 

In order to add a user section in the standard database we need to calculate all the values to generate the many different sizes of the section in question, though it is not in our standard library or AISC library that would become part of your standard library (specific to you and your fabricator). 

We can create that for you if you give us all the necessary specifications about your profile and we can submit it to the team. 

thank you.

Posted Thu, 24 Oct 2013 06:37:47 GMT by

Hello Frederico,

You can go through our FAQs where you can find some of them answering to your request.

Here is an example (for using a user section as stair stringers within the automatic "Straight stairs" macro):

http://www.graitec.com/en/FAQ_view.asp?FAQID=1092&Language=EN&Name=How+is+a+user+section+for+stairs+stringers+assigned+in+Advance+Steel%3F

Best regards

Philippe

Posted Mon, 09 Dec 2013 17:47:29 GMT by FEDERICO LLOBET

I need to add user sections for truss now, but what do I search instead of "RULE_StairStringerUserSections"?

Posted Mon, 09 Dec 2013 19:24:35 GMT by Olivier Gervais Graitec inc. Technical Supervisor

Hello Frederico,

To add a section to a truss, you should look for the GUIAllowedSections into the AstorRule. You will see couple of lines for the "SETruss" the actual joint name.

Please look at the attached print screen.

Regards,

Attachment: GUIAllowedSections.jpg

Posted Tue, 01 Jul 2014 17:16:42 GMT by FEDERICO LLOBET

Morning,

I'm having some issues, I would like to use W shapes for stringers, how can I add W shapes library to the stringers defaults?

Regards,

Posted Fri, 11 Jul 2014 19:49:40 GMT by Olivier Gervais Graitec inc. Technical Supervisor

Hello Federico,

Please look at the attached image: "where to add the W shape to the Stair Macro.png". From the Management Tool, in the table Editor, you will find your answer.

Regards,

Posted Fri, 11 Jul 2014 21:17:33 GMT by FEDERICO LLOBET

Thanks Olivier,

I would appreciate if you could attach that image.

Regards,

Posted Fri, 11 Jul 2014 21:20:36 GMT by Olivier Gervais Graitec inc. Technical Supervisor

Hello Federico,

My mistake, you should have the image now.

Regards,

Attachment: where to add the W shape to the Stair Macro_0.png

Posted Fri, 11 Jul 2014 23:11:41 GMT by FEDERICO LLOBET

Great! Thanks Olivier it was really helpful.

Regards,

Posted Wed, 23 Jul 2014 16:47:26 GMT by FEDERICO LLOBET

Morning, I would like to use W shapes for truss elements, but I was reviewing in the Management Tools and it seems that W shapes are allowed (see file attached), but when I try to use them for the truss they are not available.

How can I fix this?

Regards

Attachment: Truss_0.rar

Posted Fri, 25 Jul 2014 15:17:34 GMT by Olivier Gervais Graitec inc. Technical Supervisor

Good morning Frederico,

As you know in north america we name those section W. Internaly the software is considering the W shase as an "I" section. From the GUIAllowed section, The I section is missing. For each different type of section, you can create a new line base on what is already existing and simply chamge the letter for an "I". The W section should be available after that.

Regards,

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

GRAITEC Services
Training
Consultancy
Development
Free Trial
GRAITEC Products
Advance Design
Advance Workshop
Advance BIM Designers
PowerPack for Revit®
PowerPack for Advance Steel
Autodesk Products
Collections
Subscriptions
Cloud services
Advance Steel
Revit®
Autocad®

GRAITEC GROUP 2018 | WE'VE UPDATED OUR PRIVACY NOTICE - Click here to find out more about how we collect, store and handle your personal data and your rights.