Posted Tue, 09 Oct 2012 17:18:28 GMT by

I have created a beam to column plate connection. I am trying to replicate it to the other connections. I select the connection command, select the column and the beam, and I receive an 'unspecified error', and it kicks me out of the command.

When I attempt to simply copy the connection, it automatically selects the beam that is attached to the connection.

Posted Wed, 10 Oct 2012 07:59:13 GMT by Dumitru BERTEANU Graitec ROMANIA
Hello,

Can you please send us the model on which this issue reproduces (and highlight which connection generates it). To send the file you can use the forum "Attach" function.
Posted Wed, 10 Oct 2012 14:55:25 GMT by
The items to be connected is circled. The command is 'Plate Joints', 'Moment End Plate'. It needs to look like the connection on the immediate left.

Attachment: 7183 PB-2B_AS2012_Connection.zip

Posted Thu, 11 Oct 2012 08:26:49 GMT by Dumitru BERTEANU Graitec ROMANIA
Hello,

On my side the moment end plate connections are copied correctly to the highlighted place. Please use the Advance Steel copy connection commands like "Copy by template" (_AstM4TransferCons) or "Copy by template, multiple" (_AstM4TransferConsMulti). This commands asks you first to select the source joint (it can be the joint box or an element created by the joint, like bolts, plates etc.) and then the target beams (column/rafter in this case). I've attached the model on which I've made those copies. If the problem still reproduces on your side, please send me the exact steps you make when the error appears.

Attachment: 7183 PB-2B_AS2012_Connection_mod.zip

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

GRAITEC Services
Training
Consultancy
Development
Free Trial
GRAITEC Products
Advance Design
Advance Workshop
Advance BIM Designers
PowerPack for Revit®
PowerPack for Advance Steel
Autodesk Products
Collections
Subscriptions
Cloud services
Advance Steel
Revit®
Autocad®

GRAITEC GROUP 2018 | WE'VE UPDATED OUR PRIVACY NOTICE - Click here to find out more about how we collect, store and handle your personal data and your rights.