Posted Tue, 08 Jul 2014 23:02:08 GMT by Russ Parker

I would like to add a new panel tab to the AS Documents ribbon. When I open the CUI dialog and locate the ribbon for the Advance Steel menu there doesn't seem to be a way to add the new panel to the existing ribbon. Do you  have instructions on how to add new panels to the AS ribbons?

Thank you

Posted Wed, 09 Jul 2014 15:46:48 GMT by

Hi M Parker, 

The answer below is taken directly from the user guide(help). Simply click F1 to access it and enter in search 'adding ribbons'. In the mean time here is how  you would go about it:

Create a Ribbon Panel

1. In the Customize tab, Customizations In <file name> pane, click the plus sign (+) next to the Ribbon node to expand it.
  2. Right-click the Panels node. Click New Panel.

A new panel (named Panel1) is placed at the bottom of the Panels node.

3. Right-click Panel1. Click Rename and enter a new panel name.
  4. Select the new panel, and update its properties in the Properties pane:
    • In the Display Text box, enter the text you want to display for the title of the panel when it is displayed on the ribbon.
    • In the KeyTip box, enter the characters to access the ribbon panel from the keyboard when Alt is pressed.
    • In the Aliases box, enter an alias for the ribbon panel.
  5. Click Apply.

There is alot more documentation found on this subject in the user guide.

Kind regards.

Posted Thu, 10 Jul 2014 16:17:24 GMT by Russ Parker

I should have been more specific. Yes I am aware of the help file and how to add items to the AutoCAD menu system. What I'm having trouble with is the Advance Steel menu system. The panel that I have added to the AS Documents tab does not appear in the ribbon. To see the ribbon for Advance Steel I have to open the astadvancemenu2014.cuix. After adding a new panel with commands and icons the new panel shows in the customization window but does not load and show in the Advance Steel menu ribbon.

Are there different or additional steps to add items to the Advance Steel menus? If not, could you tell me why the new panel isn't showing up in the menu?

Thank you.

Posted Thu, 10 Jul 2014 16:31:37 GMT by

Have you tried updating the defaults?

Home>Settings> update defaults

Posted Thu, 10 Jul 2014 20:33:53 GMT by Russ Parker

Could you please tell me where the Home>Settings>update defaults is located.

Thank you.

Posted Fri, 25 Jul 2014 15:23:18 GMT by Olivier Gervais Graitec inc. Technical Supervisor

Hello Russ,

Please look at the attached print screen.

Regards,

Attachment: where to find update default.JPG

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

GRAITEC Services
Training
Consultancy
Development
Free Trial
GRAITEC Products
Advance Design
Advance Workshop
Advance BIM Designers
PowerPack for Revit®
PowerPack for Advance Steel
Autodesk Products
Collections
Subscriptions
Cloud services
Advance Steel
Revit®
Autocad®

GRAITEC GROUP 2018 | WE'VE UPDATED OUR PRIVACY NOTICE - Click here to find out more about how we collect, store and handle your personal data and your rights.