Posted Thu, 16 Dec 2010 17:34:50 GMT by
Hi, I'm getting the following error when I try to use a user template (Material List Summary): No Regitered Model Extract Exist.

How can I solve this?

Thank you,
Jose
Posted Fri, 17 Dec 2010 08:33:34 GMT by Dumitru BERTEANU Graitec ROMANIA
Hello,

To create a list using the templates from the Bom Editor /User templates, you first need to create a model extract file. This is done by using the command : Create list, located on the same fly-out menu as the other bom templates / editor. This command will create a model extract file (.xml) which will be located at the relative path " ...../ModelName/Extracts/ "

Regards,
Dumitru Berteanu
Posted Fri, 17 Dec 2010 15:04:35 GMT by
Thank you very much for your help!

One last question regarding this case,  How can I make this new "user template" the default one, that can be accessed through the fly-out menu ans the other templates?

Best Regards,
Jose
Posted Fri, 17 Dec 2010 15:05:21 GMT by
Thank you very much for your help!

One last question regarding this case,  How can I make this new "user template" the default one, that can be accessed through the fly-out menu ans the other templates?

Best Regards,
Jose
Posted Fri, 17 Dec 2010 15:46:23 GMT by Dumitru BERTEANU Graitec ROMANIA

Hello,

The command on the fly-outmenu is a shortcut that accesses the “Create list” command followed by atemplate key. The default commands are created to use template from the 0category, which means "Advance". The solution is to modify the user interfaceand change the shortcut that button uses. This can be done by modifying theused CUI file. 

To do this, you need toaccess the "Customize User Interface" dialog (by typing :"CUI" and press enter).

Here, go to :"Partial Customization Files / ASTCHECK / Toolbars / Sub - BOM". Inthis category, you can find a name for each of the buttons present on therespective fly-out. Go the button you need to change.

In the propertiessection on the right side of the dialog, you have: "Macro", whichcontains a value similar to : ^C^C_Astm4CommBomNew 75 0  . The textpart is the command the button calls, while the two numbers represent thetemplate key and the category. So, in this case this button use the template 75from the Advance category. Just change the template key and set the categoryfrom which your template is (0 is for Advance, 1 is for User). Save thechanges. 

On the other hand,Advance Steel 2011 will bring a new feature called: Quick Documents, which is adialog that contains shortcuts to the often used drawing styles, drawingprocesses and BoM templates. This will allow the user to set exactly whattemplates he wants to see in it by simply going to BoM editor and checking thecheckbox associated to the respective template. This will eliminate the need tocustomize the user interface in order to set a button to use a specifictemplate.

Regards,

Dumitru Berteanu

Posted Fri, 17 Dec 2010 15:50:31 GMT by
Thank you very much for you help!

Regards,
Jose

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

GRAITEC Services
Training
Consultancy
Development
Free Trial
GRAITEC Products
Advance Design
Advance Workshop
Advance BIM Designers
PowerPack for Revit®
PowerPack for Advance Steel
Autodesk Products
Collections
Subscriptions
Cloud services
Advance Steel
Revit®
Autocad®

GRAITEC GROUP 2018 | WE'VE UPDATED OUR PRIVACY NOTICE - Click here to find out more about how we collect, store and handle your personal data and your rights.