Posted Thu, 04 Feb 2016 16:30:04 GMT by Lawrence Puckett
We've recently switched from Advance Steel 2015 to the
2016, R2 version. I haven't had many issues with the
program except one. When making a KISS file, none of the
pipe that I have in the handrails were exported to the KISS file.
I used the pipe shapes included with the release, none of
them are user created. We have a client that uses KISS files
frequently for ordering material and not having the pipe is a
hindrance to our work. Thank you in advance for the input.
Posted Thu, 04 Feb 2016 19:06:28 GMT by
Hi Tre, There are two settings that you have to verify in the Management Tools under the Defaults.In Defaults, you need to go to the "Structured BOM/NC" and under DStV NC&DXF, at the end of the list you must uncheck the option "Use the unfolded beam name as profile (Fourth last)In Defaults, you need to go to the "Structured BOM/NC" and under "General" you must check "Unfold profiles in lists" (Second last)If these these two settings aren't set like this, advance steel considers the pipe as an unfolded plate...Regards, Pascal
Posted Mon, 08 Feb 2016 15:56:15 GMT by Lawrence Puckett
Hi Pascal,I've followed your directions, however the pipe are still not being exported to a KISS file. Is there anything else that can be done to solve this?
Posted Mon, 08 Feb 2016 17:17:33 GMT by
Hi Tre, This is happening because in AS2016 you must 'Map" the items. When generating your KISS file you need to define the section type(ex:Pipe) and the section size (ex:1.900 x 0.188).If you don't insert anything it won't be mapped and won't be inserted in the KISS file.You can check in the GTC mapping to see how items are being mapped and easily modify/add names here: C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Advance\DataIn the file, that you can open with Microsoft access, you will have all the mapping information in the KISS_Material_Conversion and the KISS_Profile_Conversion table.I tried calling you a couple of time to go over this process with you. If you need more information about this let us knw by emailing us at : support.americas@graitec.comRegards,
Posted Mon, 08 Feb 2016 18:04:26 GMT by Lawrence Puckett
I've defined the type and sections size and have gotten the pipe to work. I don't have Microsoft Access on this computer at this time but will be getting it in the near future. In the meantime, is there a way of viewing this database in the Table Editor in the Management Tools? I'm sorry I missed your call, I wasn't in the office at the time.
Posted Mon, 08 Feb 2016 18:39:08 GMT by
Hi Tre, Unfortunately you do not have access to the GTC mapping thru the Management tools. You need Microsoft access.Sorry for the inconvenience.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

GRAITEC Services
Training
Consultancy
Development
Free Trial
GRAITEC Products
Advance Design
Advance Workshop
Advance BIM Designers
PowerPack for Revit®
PowerPack for Advance Steel
Autodesk Products
Collections
Subscriptions
Cloud services
Advance Steel
Revit®
Autocad®

GRAITEC GROUP 2018 | WE'VE UPDATED OUR PRIVACY NOTICE - Click here to find out more about how we collect, store and handle your personal data and your rights.