Posted Thu, 21 Feb 2013 13:38:53 GMT by Tomáš Vokatý user AS Brno
I have a problem with numbering. For example, I have a four same beams. Beams have a holes for bolts
and dimensions of all columns are same. When I run the numbering Advance steel gave the different number to two columns (e.g. 1001 and 1002)  and to others two give the same number (1003).
I tried to check it by "find the difference between two parts" but advance said that diffrence is in geometry but geometry is same. I checked it. Dimensions, position of holes and diameters are same.

Have you any idea where is problem?

Thank you for any answer.
Posted Thu, 21 Feb 2013 14:22:03 GMT by Dumitru BERTEANU Graitec ROMANIA

Please send us the model in which you expirience those issues with identical part detection. You can attach it to the forum by using the "Attach file" option.

Posted Thu, 21 Feb 2013 14:27:31 GMT by Tomáš Vokatý user AS Brno
All parts are ok except part 108 and 110. This parts are same. 
Thank you.

Attachment: stožár_559_3d_R_T.zip

Posted Thu, 21 Feb 2013 15:00:02 GMT by Dumitru BERTEANU Graitec ROMANIA

The numbering difference comes from the part 110 which has some of the hole patterns doubled (there are two hole patterns one over the other one). Double features (holes are considered beam features) represents a criteria that triggers a different between the objects during Identical Part Detection, performed by the Advance Steel numbering.

In order to fix it and allow AS to give the same mark to those objects, you need to fix the model. You either need to "double" the holes on the objects that has single holes, or remove the extra ones from part 110.

I've attached a picture in which I highlighted the places on part 110 that contains double holes. You can see that by selecting with click one of those holes, and pressing delete. This will leave you with a hole there (the other one) rather then deleting the hole.

Attachment: multiple holes.png

Posted Thu, 21 Feb 2013 15:04:44 GMT by Tomáš Vokatý user AS Brno
Thank you very much for your solution. I checked all bolts, but holes not. May I ask you, how can I find
the double holes? Is in the Advance steel any utility or command for finding doubl holes, or bolts, or beams?

Thank you
Posted Thu, 21 Feb 2013 16:26:00 GMT by Dumitru BERTEANU Graitec ROMANIA

You can find double hole features by using the Advance Audit command, which can be found on the "Extending modeling" ribbon / Checking category. When used, you will recieve a warning in the command line similar to this :

[2881]   : AtomicElement : double Hole Feature found 

To identify it, you need to use the object handle id , which is displayed in the first part of the line : [2881]

To find this feature you can use the information from the following FAQ : http://www.graitec.com/en/FAQ_view.asp?FAQID=878&Language=EN&Name=How+is+a+feature%2C+identified+by+an+Audit+that+cannot+be+processed+%2F+deleted%2C+found%3F

Posted Mon, 25 Feb 2013 16:36:32 GMT by Tomáš Vokatý user AS Brno
Thank you for your answer. 

I have a new problem with numbering. Advance still give the different number to same plate. I tried check by Audit, but audit find no error. Geometry is same. 
This problem arose after I change the thicknes of existing plate and after I copy this plate beside (Change from Plate 28mm to Plate 15mm and Plate 12mm). 
Problem is with part 116 and 121 (P12x70x70) and with part 128 and 129 (P25x70x70).
See the attached bellow.

Thank you  

Attachment: stožár_559_3d_R_T_0.zip

Posted Tue, 26 Feb 2013 15:39:01 GMT by Dumitru BERTEANU Graitec ROMANIA
The two pair of objects you mention are quite different in geometry one from the other one. Parts 116 and 129 have the hole exactly in the middle of the plate, while 121 and 128 have the hole slightly offcentred (on one direction is fine, at the middle, while on the other one there are ~5mm off the centre of the plate). This difference in hole placement triggers the numbering behaviour, where those objects get a different mark from each other.
Posted Tue, 26 Feb 2013 15:40:55 GMT by Tomáš Vokatý user AS Brno
Oh I´m sorry for this. I must overlook it. Thank you very much for your solution. 
Posted Wed, 13 Mar 2013 15:44:40 GMT by Carsten Schwarz
I have had the same issues. Thank you for the anwser! This will help so much. Numbering can be a nightmare if you have duplicate parts and the same parts with different features or geometry. When modeling I have always used just the normal autoCAD copy,mirror,move,rotate commands but am beginning to see that theses commands don't work well with Advance objects.....Any suggestions?
Posted Wed, 13 Mar 2013 16:23:45 GMT by Dumitru BERTEANU Graitec ROMANIA
The CAD commands copy, move, mirror work with Advance objects, but you may hit limitations when you try to copy/move etc. a group of objects (like two beams, or a beam with bolts), case in which the relative position between the Advance object may change. For those cases we always recommend to use the Advance Copy command (available on the Advance Steel ToolPalette) to be used when modifying the position of Advance objects.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

GRAITEC Services
Training
Consultancy
Development
Free Trial
GRAITEC Products
Advance Design
Advance Workshop
Advance BIM Designers
PowerPack for Revit®
PowerPack for Advance Steel
Autodesk Products
Collections
Subscriptions
Cloud services
Advance Steel
Revit®
Autocad®

GRAITEC GROUP 2018 | WE'VE UPDATED OUR PRIVACY NOTICE - Click here to find out more about how we collect, store and handle your personal data and your rights.