Posted Wed, 16 Dec 2015 20:15:05 GMT by Russ Parker
I would like to add a diameter to the threaded stud I have in the Shear Stud category. When I pick "New" and put in the information and then pick "Apply" nothing happens and the new diameter is not added. What is the procedure for adding a diameter?Thank you.
Posted Wed, 16 Dec 2015 21:09:28 GMT by Tommy Moussis Graitec USA Inc.
Russ,the problem could be that your units are not set to decimal inch to apply new values in the management tools. Fractional values will not be retained in the management tools.Best Regards,

Attachment: decimal inch.png

Posted Wed, 16 Dec 2015 21:28:10 GMT by Russ Parker
My units are set to decimal.
Posted Wed, 16 Dec 2015 22:10:49 GMT by Tommy Moussis Graitec USA Inc.
Russ,Attached is a step by step procedure on how to add new diameters for your shear studs.Best Regards,

Attachment: First check if the diameter is available.docx

Posted Wed, 16 Dec 2015 22:29:12 GMT by Russ Parker
I'm sorry Tommy but those directions do not make any sense. How can I choose the diameter I want if it is not there? I need 31.75mm diameter. The list stops at 30.00mm. The "New" button doesn't add the diameter I want to the list. I don't see how adding some values to the geometry section will generate a new diameter. Do you have any instructions that are more clear or detailed?Thanks.
Posted Thu, 17 Dec 2015 00:14:04 GMT by Olivier Gervais Graitec inc. Technical Supervisor
Hello Russ In order to help us to help you, we will need to know which version of AS are you using? Do you need to add this diameter to an existing shear stud type? or do you need to create a totally need stud?Regards,
Posted Thu, 17 Dec 2015 00:29:18 GMT by Russ Parker
2016 R2. I'm adding this diameter to an existing stud that I had created previously.
Posted Thu, 17 Dec 2015 01:07:11 GMT by Tommy Moussis Graitec USA Inc.
Russ,After further review it's seems that there is an issue with the R2 release and we will report it. the FAQ I sent was working on the previous version.That being said, new shear studs can also be added through the table editor. The categories for the Shear Studs "Connectors" will all be located in the AstorBase.See attached image. Best regards,

Attachment: Table Editor.png

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

GRAITEC Services
Training
Consultancy
Development
Free Trial
GRAITEC Products
Advance Design
Advance Workshop
Advance BIM Designers
PowerPack for Revit®
PowerPack for Advance Steel
Autodesk Products
Collections
Subscriptions
Cloud services
Advance Steel
Revit®
Autocad®

GRAITEC GROUP 2018 | WE'VE UPDATED OUR PRIVACY NOTICE - Click here to find out more about how we collect, store and handle your personal data and your rights.