Posted Thu, 16 Jan 2014 22:47:01 GMT by JOHN COX
I was just messing around putting a beam on top of a column, but the beam had a pretty severe slope to it. I also had the beam on an angle in the global XY plane. I used a gable end connection, and th plate came out very strangely. When I redrew the beam in the xz plane, the connection came out fine. I also tried to lengthen the beam using the shorten at ucs feature, I kept getting an error stating that the x0z axis was invalid. I’m not sure what any of this means.
Posted Fri, 17 Jan 2014 16:21:45 GMT by Gomez Marcellus

Hello, 

As you are working in 3D space, the UCS becomes the main key to place your objects on coordinates. If you did move the UCS and now have xyz on a slope and if you are in fact using AS with Polar Tracking toggled On, it will direct you as it is supposed to, on the xy axis and it will be on a slope if your ucs is placed on a slope. Please do a Zoom All then UCS World. Go on a top view or front view and try to insert a couple of objects, then go on any aerial views and insert columns and beams. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

GRAITEC Services
Training
Consultancy
Development
Free Trial
GRAITEC Products
Advance Design
Advance Workshop
Advance BIM Designers
PowerPack for Revit®
PowerPack for Advance Steel
Autodesk Products
Collections
Subscriptions
Cloud services
Advance Steel
Revit®
Autocad®

GRAITEC GROUP 2018 | WE'VE UPDATED OUR PRIVACY NOTICE - Click here to find out more about how we collect, store and handle your personal data and your rights.