Posted Mon, 02 Sep 2013 19:24:09 GMT by Greg Daneshvar GD Drafting Steel Detailer

I'm running Advance Steel 2013 on Windows 7 Pro over AutoCAD 2013.

A-Upon opening of AS 2013 I get a message saying " Could not copy Advance plot style files to CAD plot style folder! Please copy the files Manually". In AS Management tools I have setup AS to load on AutoCAD, why I'm recieving this message?

B-After creation of a model, when I select shear plate joints or stiffener another window pops up & asking for File name. Meantime on AutoCAD command line a message says " CreateInstance failed file "C:\Program Files\Gratec\Advance Steel\2013\Shared\Joints\ joint 619x64.dll". I checked in this folder & "joint 619x64.dll" exists. How can I make the Advance Steel 2013 working properly?

Regards,

Grigor Daneshvar

GD Drafting.

Posted Fri, 20 Sep 2013 22:09:17 GMT by Gomez Marcellus

Hello, 

This happens because AutoCad is not reading the .pc3 file from Advance, you can manage that by searching and locate the .pc3 from Advance on your C: drive and copy the files in the right location under Autodesk. 

As to the shear plate connection, I would ask you to verify the build version on your AS and make the necessary updates as there are three available builds on the website. Make sure AS is not running during the installation and that they are all installed. 

Thank you,

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

GRAITEC Services
Training
Consultancy
Development
Free Trial
GRAITEC Products
Advance Design
Advance Workshop
Advance BIM Designers
PowerPack for Revit®
PowerPack for Advance Steel
Autodesk Products
Collections
Subscriptions
Cloud services
Advance Steel
Revit®
Autocad®

GRAITEC GROUP 2018 | WE'VE UPDATED OUR PRIVACY NOTICE - Click here to find out more about how we collect, store and handle your personal data and your rights.