Posted Wed, 15 May 2013 16:33:39 GMT by Clifford Cole Midwest Design And Drafting Llc Owner

I have a project with many connections using a WT shear connection for a beam to an HSS column.  Is there a way to create a custom connection like this?

Posted Thu, 16 May 2013 04:12:19 GMT by Clifford Cole Midwest Design And Drafting Llc Owner

Hello again-  I've come up with a reasonably simple connection that worked for all same size beams.  Before I did my next batch of beams of a different size, I modified the custom connection I created to match the new conditions and saved it.  This new custom connection is easy to use.  Thanks!  It would still be nice to have a true parametric WT connection with the same flexibility as a shear tab connection or angle connection.  Hopefully, that will be considered for future releases.

Posted Thu, 16 May 2013 15:49:16 GMT by Gomez Marcellus

Hello, 

When you use an existing intellingent connections, after modifying it, you still have the option to turn it into a custom connection while still having the intelligence which gives you a double functionality with that connection. In case you did modify it and keep the intelligence, all the parametric options will be available to you even after you turn it into a custom connection.

thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

GRAITEC Services
Training
Consultancy
Development
Free Trial
GRAITEC Products
Advance Design
Advance Workshop
Advance BIM Designers
PowerPack for Revit®
PowerPack for Advance Steel
Autodesk Products
Collections
Subscriptions
Cloud services
Advance Steel
Revit®
Autocad®

GRAITEC GROUP 2018 | WE'VE UPDATED OUR PRIVACY NOTICE - Click here to find out more about how we collect, store and handle your personal data and your rights.