Posted Thu, 03 Nov 2011 22:34:28 GMT by

Dear all,

If you want to transfer a 3D model from ProSteel to Advance Steel, you can use one of the methods below:

Method 1 : transfer the model by using the SDNF file format
In ProSteel, choose “SDNF (*.sdnf)” to create the SDNF file
In Advance Steel, go to AS Tools > Exchange formats > Import SDNF, then select the *.sdnf file and import it

Method 2 : transfer the model by using the CIS/2 file format
In ProSteel, choose “CIMSteel/2 (*.stp)” to create the CIS/2 file and in the “ProSteel Import/Export” dialogbox, go to “Options” tab and choose “Manufacturing data export”
In Advance Steel, go to AS Tools > Exchange formats > Import CIS/2, then select the *.stp file and import it

Remark : the CIS/2 file format allows to transfer bolts in addition to beams and plates, while the SDNF file format only transfers beams and plates.

Regards
Philippe

Posted Fri, 28 Feb 2014 21:29:16 GMT by Marc Smith Metalfab Engineering Ltd

Hi Philippe.

I have been sent a file from a design engineer that I would like to import into Advance steel. I was told that the model had been designed in Revit. The file was sent as a .stp file. When I try to import it into advance steel I recieve an error message stating invalid import file. Can you help?

Posted Mon, 03 Mar 2014 09:27:28 GMT by

Regarding your recent question about importing from Revit, pelase see the attached link:

http://www.graitec.com/En/revit.asp

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

GRAITEC Services
Training
Consultancy
Development
Free Trial
GRAITEC Products
Advance Design
Advance Workshop
Advance BIM Designers
PowerPack for Revit®
PowerPack for Advance Steel
Autodesk Products
Collections
Subscriptions
Cloud services
Advance Steel
Revit®
Autocad®

GRAITEC GROUP 2018 | WE'VE UPDATED OUR PRIVACY NOTICE - Click here to find out more about how we collect, store and handle your personal data and your rights.