Posted Tue, 21 Aug 2012 12:50:24 GMT by Gavin Sullivan
Hi!

I've just installed the Advance Steel 2012 ( 30 days trial). Can't start it because we are not using AutoCad. Is there any steps to take to make it work?

Regards
Posted Tue, 21 Aug 2012 14:56:18 GMT by Adrian Bailey
Open Advance Manager on desktop screen -  go to Settings and then Options. Toggle the Run Advance Steel as a standalone application at bottom left hand side of window.
Posted Tue, 21 Aug 2012 14:57:40 GMT by Adrian Bailey
Then restart Advance Steel
Posted Sat, 26 Jan 2013 19:49:32 GMT by Greg Daneshvar GD Drafting Steel Detailer
Adrian,
I have set the toggle to Run Advance Steel as a standalone & when I run Advance Steel it loads on Auto CAD platform. I see the AdvanceCAD 2013 window flashing & then disappears. How it can be fixed?

Regards,
Greg Daneshvar
Posted Thu, 31 Jan 2013 13:47:58 GMT by Dumitru BERTEANU Graitec ROMANIA
Advance Steel 2013 starts with Auto CAD only on your side due to the license which is a AS.P7, that doesn't have the Advance CAD (Standalone) option enabled. GAM still allows you to set "Standalone" in the interface, but because the license doesn't have Advance CAD, Advance Steel will automatically start on an Auto CAD platform, if available on the computer.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

GRAITEC Services
Training
Consultancy
Development
Free Trial
GRAITEC Products
Advance Design
Advance Workshop
Advance BIM Designers
PowerPack for Revit®
PowerPack for Advance Steel
Autodesk Products
Collections
Subscriptions
Cloud services
Advance Steel
Revit®
Autocad®

GRAITEC GROUP 2018 | WE'VE UPDATED OUR PRIVACY NOTICE - Click here to find out more about how we collect, store and handle your personal data and your rights.