Posted Mon, 02 May 2016 17:32:48 GMT by Eva Greenfield
Is there a way to add a spacer plate to cross bracing? The binding plate connection only works for double angle bracing, not cross bracing. Currently I have to create my own plate and it is very difficult to make sure they are in the correct position and rotation.
Posted Mon, 02 May 2016 19:50:22 GMT by Tommy Moussis Graitec USA Inc.
Hello Eva, you can use the "Direct Bolt" connection under the bracing category. There's an option in the connection to add spacer plates and the plate thickness will adjust automatically to the gap between your angles. Best Regards.
Posted Mon, 02 May 2016 19:54:41 GMT by Eva Greenfield
Thanks Tommy. However, you cannot change the shape of the plate. It creates the plate the exact length and width of the crossing members. I have had a few projects where they specify the plate being a certain size. Is there a way to have this?
Posted Mon, 02 May 2016 20:24:46 GMT by Tommy Moussis Graitec USA Inc.
Eva, features can be added on top of the connection without compromising the intelligence to adjust the plate size. however in some cases, depending on the geometry of the plate specified, you might have to remove the intelligence box in order to add or remove corners with the features from the tool palette. Best Regards

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

GRAITEC Services
Training
Consultancy
Development
Free Trial
GRAITEC Products
Advance Design
Advance Workshop
Advance BIM Designers
PowerPack for Revit®
PowerPack for Advance Steel
Autodesk Products
Collections
Subscriptions
Cloud services
Advance Steel
Revit®
Autocad®

GRAITEC GROUP 2018 | WE'VE UPDATED OUR PRIVACY NOTICE - Click here to find out more about how we collect, store and handle your personal data and your rights.