Posted Sat, 04 May 2013 09:22:51 GMT by Daniel Goodwin Structural Stairways DO Manager
I have trying to add components from a standard part drawing template into my model using copy and paste. These parts already have pre-defined single part numbers which I need to keep, however, soon as the part is pasted into the model the single part drawing is not defined. I have the ticked the box in the standard part template tab within the numbering dialog box prior to inserting these parts.
Posted Wed, 08 May 2013 07:39:00 GMT by Dumitru BERTEANU Graitec ROMANIA
To allow Advance Steel to keep the part mark of an object during copy/paste from one drawing file to another you need to check the default "Copy the object park mark" from GAM / Defaults / System / General category. When you copy/paste a file, you do not make use of the numbering with standard part template. Advance Steel will use the existing part mark from the copied part during the identical part detection if the numibering methods do not affect them.
To number the model with the standard part template method, you need to store the drawing file that contains the standard part in the following folder : C:\ProgramData\Graitec\Advance Steel\2013\Shared\StandardPartTemplate, and then check the respective dwg file in the Numbering dialog / Standard part template tab (With the file in that path, it will automatically appear in the respective list).

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

GRAITEC Services
Training
Consultancy
Development
Free Trial
GRAITEC Products
Advance Design
Advance Workshop
Advance BIM Designers
PowerPack for Revit®
PowerPack for Advance Steel
Autodesk Products
Collections
Subscriptions
Cloud services
Advance Steel
Revit®
Autocad®

GRAITEC GROUP 2018 | WE'VE UPDATED OUR PRIVACY NOTICE - Click here to find out more about how we collect, store and handle your personal data and your rights.