Posted Wed, 13 Feb 2013 21:52:14 GMT by Gary Bath
Every time I open the document manager and then open a drawing, document manager closes. Is there any way this can remain open so I can just move over to the next drawing without having to re-open the document manager?
Posted Thu, 14 Feb 2013 18:02:04 GMT by

Hello Gary,

You are not obliged to open each drawing one by one (if you open the drawings one by one, you are correct that it is currently closing the Document Manager).

You can use the "Preview" tab from the Document manager to view the drawings one by one (just pick one drawing on the left and you will see its content on the right) without having to open them; in the Preview, you have all the possibilities to pan, zoom in, zoom out, etc. ; you can also stretch the "Document Manager" dialog box to make it bigger and to better see the content of the drawing.

Best regards

Philippe

Posted Thu, 14 Feb 2013 18:22:21 GMT by Gary Bath

Thanks for the reply Philippe.

I am aware of the preview tab, however, I need to open the drawings to edit them. This is when I am running into the problem of the document manager closing down. I am also aware that we can open up multiple drawings at once ( I usually open no more than 10 because of crashing issues) but after that, I have to open the document manager all over again. 

Posted Tue, 19 Feb 2013 17:11:47 GMT by Olivier Gervais Graitec inc. Technical Supervisor
Hello Gentlemen,

Garry as I already mention to you, it is already on North america wish list to have it always open as an external program or windows.

Regards,
Posted Wed, 16 Apr 2014 10:28:32 GMT by

Hi Guys,

Note : since Advance Steel 2014 version, you can open a detail drawing parts, an assembly drawing or a cameras drawing, form the model. Just Click on the objetc, Right button and select "Shows Detail Part," or "Assembly ..;" or "Cameras ..."

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

GRAITEC Services
Training
Consultancy
Development
Free Trial
GRAITEC Products
Advance Design
Advance Workshop
Advance BIM Designers
PowerPack for Revit®
PowerPack for Advance Steel
Autodesk Products
Collections
Subscriptions
Cloud services
Advance Steel
Revit®
Autocad®

GRAITEC GROUP 2018 | WE'VE UPDATED OUR PRIVACY NOTICE - Click here to find out more about how we collect, store and handle your personal data and your rights.