Posted Fri, 04 May 2012 17:25:14 GMT by DENNIS STILLER

I was wondering what the process is to migrate my custom settings from AS2011 to AS2012. AS2012 doesn't have the Management Tool so I am assuming there is a different way to do it.

Thanks,

Dennis

Posted Fri, 04 May 2012 19:18:29 GMT by FLORENCIO RODRIGUEZ
Hello
I suppose it is that you need.
greetings

Attachment: advance manager 2012.jpg

Posted Fri, 04 May 2012 19:41:49 GMT by DENNIS STILLER

Do I still have to copy AstorAddIn, symbols and prototypes from AS2011 into AS2012?

Thanks again

Posted Sat, 05 May 2012 10:30:49 GMT by Dumitru BERTEANU Graitec ROMANIA
Hello,Yes, the Astoraddin.mdb database needs to be copied from AS 2011 to AS 2012, together with the user modified dwg files from the Shared folder, like : prototypes, symbol files and bom on drawing templates.
Posted Mon, 07 May 2012 15:23:59 GMT by DENNIS STILLER

Ok, so I copied the modified files into AS2012.

Now when I try to start AS2012 I get this error message:

A valid CAD platform has not been found (either it is not  installed or the license is not valid).

But it was running before that!

Thanks

Posted Fri, 11 May 2012 09:33:26 GMT by

Hello Dennis,

Can you please check if the folder "Advance CAD" is present on your computer (by default, it should be located at C:\Program Files (x86)\GRAITEC)?

Regards

Philippe

Posted Fri, 11 May 2012 15:08:30 GMT by DENNIS STILLER

Hi Phillippe,

yes that folder is present and with content.

Thanks

Posted Mon, 14 May 2012 16:30:08 GMT by DENNIS STILLER

Hello to everyone who might be following this thread,

if the message A valid CAD platform has not been found (either it is not installed or the license is not valid) pops up. Before assuming something went horrible wrong deep down in  Advance Steel, go to Advance Manager, Options. At the very bottom, make sure the correct setting is activated regarding using AutoCAD or standalone application. That was my problem.

Thanks again to everyone who responded to my posts.

Posted Tue, 17 Jul 2012 11:56:45 GMT by Fabio Guidi
Hello, i got the same error message (A valid CAD platform has not been found ...), and missing the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\GRAITEC. 
Posted Wed, 01 Aug 2012 12:40:39 GMT by

Hello Fabio,

If these folders do not exist on your hard disk : C:\Program Files (x86)\GRAITEC\Advance CAD\2012

Please do the following :
- Deactivate your Anti-virus
- Insert the GRAITEC Advance 2012 DVD in your DVD drive
- Go to “Install” folder and then to “CAD” folder
- Double-click on “AdvanceCADEnglish86.msi” (if you use the English version of Advance Steel 2012) to install the Standalone platform

Let me know if it solves your issue

Regards

Philippe

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

GRAITEC Services
Training
Consultancy
Development
Free Trial
GRAITEC Products
Advance Design
Advance Workshop
Advance BIM Designers
PowerPack for Revit®
PowerPack for Advance Steel
Autodesk Products
Collections
Subscriptions
Cloud services
Advance Steel
Revit®
Autocad®

GRAITEC GROUP 2018 | WE'VE UPDATED OUR PRIVACY NOTICE - Click here to find out more about how we collect, store and handle your personal data and your rights.