Posted Mon, 14 Feb 2011 21:49:48 GMT by Miguel RUIVO

Hi

There is some drawings that i not understand why is missed de detailing box information.

It happens only with one of beam elements from the model. There is an equal section class from the same model that its ok.

The beam element its numbered single part and assembly part so i not understand why it is happening.

I hope any help thanks

Attachment: Dibujo.JPG

Posted Wed, 16 Feb 2011 18:02:43 GMT by

Hello Miguel,

I suppose that you are mentionning a missing BOM within the workshop drawing of this beam => am I right?

The best would be to send us your model + the problematic workshop drawing + the prototype containing the BOM template, and also to tell us if you are using AS2010 or AS2011.

Regards

Philippe

Posted Wed, 23 Feb 2011 11:35:46 GMT by

Hello Miguel,

Thanks for the files, this helped me to better understand the issue.

1/ You are still using the "old" method to create BOM templates for drawings.
In this case, you have to go to the Management tools, then Defaults, and you have to deactivate the “Use the new BOM on drawing” default which is in “Drawing-General” category.
Then Advance Steel will use the “old” method for BOM templates on drawing.

2/ You have to insert a BOM template on one of your prototype.
Open the prototype (e.g. ASDETPROTO-SP-List-A4.dwg) where you want to insert the BOM template (e.g. Leyenda - Single part list)
Click “Insert a list” icon and then insert it within the prototype.
Save and close the prototype.

3/ Create the workshop drawing with the prototype containing the BOM template
= > the workshop drawing is created with the correct BOM inside.

PS / We recommend to use the “new” method (new with AS2010) for BOM on drawing for the following reasons :
- It is AutoCAD based (better AutoCAD layer support)
- Easier definition and customization
- It gives important performance results when Advance Steel creates the workshop drawing containing a BOM.
If you want to know more, please read this FAQ: http://www.graitec.com/en/FAQ_view.asp?FAQID=625&Language=EN

Regards

Philippe

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

GRAITEC Services
Training
Consultancy
Development
Free Trial
GRAITEC Products
Advance Design
Advance Workshop
Advance BIM Designers
PowerPack for Revit®
PowerPack for Advance Steel
Autodesk Products
Collections
Subscriptions
Cloud services
Advance Steel
Revit®
Autocad®

GRAITEC GROUP 2018 | WE'VE UPDATED OUR PRIVACY NOTICE - Click here to find out more about how we collect, store and handle your personal data and your rights.