Posted Wed, 06 Nov 2013 15:59:26 GMT by Greg Daneshvar GD Drafting Steel Detailer
I have a roof decking slooping in two directions. The deck layout shall be parallel whit grid line "A". Regardless what diresction I set USC, I never get the proper direction. Model is attached.

Can somenone help me? Meantime requesting to add Verco company data in decking folder.

Thanks

Grigor Daneshvar

Attachment: CANOPY.rar

Posted Wed, 06 Nov 2013 18:30:34 GMT by Gomez Marcellus

Hello, 

In order to create this successfully, you need to make sure you have the layout on the desired plane and that is managed with the UCS. I have used your attached model and created two claddings, since you have two sets of grids at different levels and you mentioned that the layout is to be parallel to grid A, I first placed my UCS at world then moved it to the endpoint of the lower grid system, there I was able to insert a set of claddings; I then rotated my UCS to make (x, y) parallel to grids A (below) and grid A (above) therefore creating a layout on plane AA, I was also able to insert claddings. 

I suggest you move the UCS to the first point of insertion, then rotate it to have (x,y) parallel to the desired plane. Create your outline using either rec (rectangle) or pline (polyline) and with that outline you will create your cladding using P (for select polyline).

Thank you,

Posted Thu, 21 Nov 2013 23:18:34 GMT by Greg Daneshvar GD Drafting Steel Detailer

Hi Gomez,

Thanks for your info. However your dicription did not made me satisfied.

1-Grid lines were there to show what the deck flut direction should be & they are horizontal & has nothing to do with roof slope.

2-I tried to use polyline which I created by AutoCAD 3D polyline & did not accept, aparently Graitec dosenot recognize 3D polyline.

3-I requested to send me the model you created but never got any respond.

4-I used AutoCAD 3 dimension USC, create a triangle & used clading icon (blue color) to fill the rectangle, then trim all panels to fit into roof frame.

Regards,

Greg Daneshvar

Posted Fri, 22 Nov 2013 20:12:52 GMT by Gomez Marcellus

Hello, 

By managing the ucs (use ucs 3 points) you will then be able to create that desired plane on any slope, you can use that plane to create your new pline and go from there. The roof slope plays a big role in this since the ucs will allow you to work on just that one plane therefore you have to get that slope done first and work it on this plane. 

Posted Thu, 20 Feb 2014 05:08:50 GMT by

Dear sir

MY NAME IS SHAREEF FROM INDIA, IVE USING AST BUT THERE ARE LOT OF DOUBTS REGARDING DRAWING STYLE PLEASE REFER ME ANY DRAWING STYLE FOR GENERATING COLUMN DRAWING

IT IS VERY DIFFICULT TO CREATE COLUMN DRAWING

PLEASE HELP ME

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

GRAITEC Services
Training
Consultancy
Development
Free Trial
GRAITEC Products
Advance Design
Advance Workshop
Advance BIM Designers
PowerPack for Revit®
PowerPack for Advance Steel
Autodesk Products
Collections
Subscriptions
Cloud services
Advance Steel
Revit®
Autocad®

GRAITEC GROUP 2018 | WE'VE UPDATED OUR PRIVACY NOTICE - Click here to find out more about how we collect, store and handle your personal data and your rights.