Posted Mon, 11 Aug 2014 21:45:13 GMT by Douglas Weaver Weaver Bridge Corporation President/Founder
I am needing to create a KSS file early in the model creation to create an ABM for the client. They are wanting main material, so I have not completed the model. I have created a KSS file, but they are having a hard time opening it. It appears that it has to do with numbering.
Is there a way to create an ABM list of main material from the model, before I do any numbering or drawing creation? This pretty critical, they are needing to start purchasing and I am holding them up...
Thanks in advance.
Posted Thu, 28 Aug 2014 20:54:44 GMT by Tommy Moussis Graitec USA Inc.

Hello Douglas,

you can alocate preliminary numbers to your members witch will give a temporary number untill you detail your members on a page. This way you can send a kiss file before detailing your members.

Once your pieces are detailed, you will still be able to to see the preliminary number within your model and be able to cordinate with the client this way.

This can also be used to creat external list before completing your number method by detailing the members.

Best Regards,

Tommy Moussis

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

GRAITEC Services
Training
Consultancy
Development
Free Trial
GRAITEC Products
Advance Design
Advance Workshop
Advance BIM Designers
PowerPack for Revit®
PowerPack for Advance Steel
Autodesk Products
Collections
Subscriptions
Cloud services
Advance Steel
Revit®
Autocad®

GRAITEC GROUP 2018 | WE'VE UPDATED OUR PRIVACY NOTICE - Click here to find out more about how we collect, store and handle your personal data and your rights.