When adding a hatch to a drawing, Advance CAD fills entities or enclosed areas with a specified pattern. The user can choose between a predefined or a custom-made hatch pattern.
Hatch patterns are memory-intensive, therefore they should be added during the last steps of drawing creation. They could also be inserted to a separate layer which can be closed as you continue to work on your project.
You can add hatching to any entity as long as it forms a closed boundary. Single and multiple selection of elements are permitted.
The steps below follow a general method for creating a filled area in a plan view:
1. Select “Hatch” from the Draw panel of the Home ribbon tab to access the Boundary Hatch dialog box
Figure 1 - Hatch feature location on the Draw panel of the Home ribbon tab
2. In the Boundary tab of the dialog, look for “Island Detection Options” section and choose one of the following:
- Nested Islands – the outer entity and all its islands are considered for hatching;
- Outer Only – only the outer entity and its outer island are considered for hatching;
- Ignore Islands – only the outer entity is considered for hatching.
Figure 2 - “Island Detection Options” section in the Boundary tab of the Boundary Hatch dialog box
To keep any new elements that are created for drawing the boundary hatch, select the “Retain Boundaries” option.
Existing entities are always retained.
Figure 3 - “Retain Boundaries” option in the ”Boundary”tab of the Boundary Hatch dialog box
3. In the next step, you can choose between “Select Area” or “Select Objects” options.
Figure 4 - Selection options in the Boundary tab of the Boundary Hatch dialog box
Select Area – this option is used for selecting spaces between intersecting entities or areas defined by lines
Figure 5 - Area selection
Select Objects – this option is used for selecting entities created by polylines and shapes.
Figure 6 - Object selection
In the drawing area, click the entities to be hatched individually or select multiple elements at once, then press <Enter>.
In the Boundary Hatch dialog box, click <OK>.