The symbol creation commands are available from the Advance Reinforcement Symbols toolbar.
Symbols can be created only in the Drawing mode.
- First you have to draw the symbol support line.
- Use the "Add a new symbol to the library" command.
- Select the symbol support line. The following dialog box is displayed:
- Name the symbol and then specify the base point. Three options are available for defining the base point:
1. Select a point;
2. Define the point by coordinates;
3. Select the "Central base point" option.
- To customize the symbol's content you must select the desired attributes. Click the "Insert an attribute..." button to display the following dialog box:
Select the desired attributes. In this example for 3D bars (all types), the following attributes were selected: Position No. < PositionNum >, Diameter
< RealDiameter > and Steel grade < SteelGrade >.
- Click OK, and then place the attributes on the support line. The program will return to the first dialog box.
- To edit the attributes, use the "Edit an attribute" command.
- After editing the attributes, return to the dialog box and click OK. The following message will be displayed:
The symbol is saved as a drawing in
Create a reinforcement bar. For placing the symbol, select the new symbol from the "User" category on the properties bar.