The "Bar grating" option is found on the "Objects" ribbon, in the "Grating" panel. New bar grating types can be added using Graitec Advance Manager.
"Bar gratings sizes " can be configured by adding new entries in the AstorGratings.mdbDatabase using the "Table Editor" application from Graitec Advance Manager.
Bar gratings entries must be added following the next steps.
1. Add a new line with the Bar grating's name in the "BarGratingSeries" table.
2. Space between bars is defined by adding a new line in the "BearingBarSpacing" table.
3. Add a new line in the "BearingBarThickness", table, where grating thickness and bar thickness are defined. The thickness values in the associated columns must be entered in mm, even if the entry is made for an imperial size which has its "RunName" in inch.
4. Numbers of bars are defined by adding a new line in the "BearingBarWidth" table.
5. Add a new line in the "CrossBar", table, where the thickness of bars from the opposite side is set.
6. Distance between crossbars is set in a new line in the "CrossBarSpacing" table.
7. Add the new entry in the "BarGrating" table to define the Bar Grating itself. For each characteristic, you'll have available in the dropdown menu the entries you have already set in the previous steps, allowing a full customization of the object.
The results will appear after the database is updated in the program.
The "Bar grating" contains additional information about the ED (End Dimension), point that defines the distance from the edge of the grating to the first bar.