- You have Advance installed on your computer and the license activated (for example, Advance Professional 2011).
- You have acquired a higher Advance package (for example, Advance Premium 2011).
The Advance Professional license was activated based on a Serial Number and Activation Code.
- The Serial Number is the unique identifier of the license (network or standalone).
- The Activation Code allows using the software version according to the purchased license features.
The entitlement for the new package contains:
- The same Serial Number
- A new Activation Code that authorizes you to use the features corresponding to the new acquired package.
(For example, you have Advance Steel Professional 2011 and you received an Activation Code for Advance Steel Premium 2011).
Since the Serial Number is unique, as long as an Advance license is active, you will not be able to activate the new package. You must return the license to the GRAITEC License Server, and then activate the license for the new package using the Activation Code you received.Remember:
- The license for the existing package must be returned to the GRAITEC License Server before activating the new license.
Example: To activate the license:
(see Returning a license or see the Installation guide - p. 22).
2. Activate the license for Advance Premium 2011 using the existing Serial Number and the new Activation Code (see Activating a license or see the Installation guide - p.14)
You can use Advance Premium 2011.
If you did not return the license for Advance Professional, you will see the following error message.
|GRAITEC License Server|
(Activation code for Advance Premium)
Before starting, close the active Advance sessions. From the Windows Start menu, select Programs > Graitec > Advance XXX > License utility and proceed as follows:
In the License Utility dialog box, select Return application license. Click Next.
In the next dialog box, select the application for which to remove the license. Click Next.
The next dialog box displays the confirmation message. Click Finish to complete the process.
If your computer is not connected to the Internet, you can use the Offline procedure described in the Installation guide.Activating a license
From the Windows Start menu, select Programs > Graitec > Advance XXX > License utility and proceed as follows:
In the License Utility dialog box, select Activate a license. Click Next.
Enter the Serial Number and the Activation Code. Click Next.
Your computer contacts the activation server at GRAITEC; the license rights are written in the database.
The activation server receives the information and processes it.
After clicking Finish in the last dialog box, Advance starts automatically.
If your computer is not connected to the Internet, you can use the Offline procedure described in the Installation guide.