Starting with Advance Design 2009, haunches can be created on steel beams. The haunches modeling options are available in the linear element properties window.
The haunch can be created at any end of the linear element and also at both extremities of the linear element (Start and End) - in which case the haunches can be identical or may be configured differently.
- Position: Taking the element axis into account, the haunch position can be set as: Bottom, Top or Top and Bottom.
- Length. Can be defined as:
- Ratio (the ratio of the beam length)
- Value (local axis) (by numerical value relative to the local axis of element)
- By Projected value.
- Cross section type:
- Identical (the same cross section as the beam),
- Previous shape or Next shape (taking the previous or the next type from the beam's cross section family),
- Height. Can be defined:
- By Ratio (the ratio of beam height)
- By Value
For a transverse frame, after the finite element analysis, the following diagrams can be obtained: Displacements, Forces, Stresses.