Object: Saving the Advance Workshop database with MySql Administrator Software
1. Launch MySQL Administrator
2. Use the “Backup” feature to save the Advance Workshop Data Base (named Era3database01).
3. After performing these actions, delete the history:
- Access “Catalogs” to clean it.
- Select the database (same as the one selected before, during backup – in our case, era3database01)
- Right click to display the contextual menu, and select the “Drop Schema” option (the “clean” term doesn't exist in MYSQL).
Note: An important warning will appear:
Press the OK button if you really want to delete this history (provided you have done a backup before).
4. Restore a previous backup:
- Access the “Restore” feature.
- Select “Open Backup File”.
- Select the previous backup file (or an older one), i.e., from your personal server directory (custom definition).
5. Launch the restoration process: select “Start Restore”.
The data (imported project file, customized report, created order), as well as the settings and the designation of the CAM machine (WorkCenter), are also saved in the backup.
You can easily save the final user settings but also, when you create a special customer layout, you can save and restore it latter, or prepare your demo settings.