- You have Advance 2010 installed on your computer and the Advance 2010 license activated.
- Being under maintenance, you have received the 2011 DVD package and the entitlement for 2011 by e-mail from GRAITEC and you would like to start using the new version.
The 2010 license was activated based on a Serial Number and Activation Code.
- The Serial Number is the unique identifier of the license (network or standalone).
- The Activation Code allows using the software version according to the purchased license features.
The entitlement for the new version (2011) contains:
- The same Serial Number as for 2010
- A new Activation Code which authorizes you to use the same features, for Advance 2011. (If you have Advance Steel Professional 2010, you will receive an Activation Code for Advance Steel Professional 2011).
Since the Serial Number is unique, as long as the Advance 2010 license is active, you will not be able to activate the 2011 license. You must return the 2010 license to the GRAITEC License Server, and then activate the 2011 license using the Activation Code you received. The 2011 license allows you to use Advance 2011 and Advance 2010.
- The Advance 2010 license must be returned to GRAITEC License Server before activating the new 2011 license.
- Advance 2010 and Advance 2011 can both be used with the Advance 2011 license. There will be no missing functionalities in Advance 2010 due to the usage of the Advance 2011 license.
To activate the 2011 license:
2. Return the 2010 license (see Returning a license or see the Installation guide - p. 22).
3. Activate the 2011 license using the existing Serial Number and the new Activation Code (see Activating a license or see the Installation guide - p.14)
You can use Advance 2010 and Advance 2011 on the same computer.
If you did not return the 2010 license, you will get the following error message.
|GRAITEC License Server|
Before starting, close the active Advance sessions.
From the Windows Start menu, select Programs > Graitec > Advance Steel > License utility and proceed as follows:
In the License Utility dialog box, select Return application license. Click Next.
In the next dialog box, select the application for which to remove the license. Click Next.
The next dialog box displays the confirmation message. Click Finish to complete the process.