To create a new shape bar you have to use the toolbar: Advance Project Preferences.
You will be able to create it in Model or Drawings.
- First draw the support line that defines the shape of the bar.
- From the toolbar select Advance "Shape library".
- A new window will appear which lists the shapes that are already in the library, each described by Name and Shape. To add a new one click "Add".
- The starting point of the first segment is set by default in the origin of the system.
- Establish the end point of the first segment by a simple click depending on its orientation (straight or with a bend).
- To complete the creation of the first segment, a name is required so that the length can be modified at a later time. The given name will appear on the segment.
- For any segment there is the possibility to specify its bending diameter. It is marked with a blue circle; the segment will be tangent to it.
- Type "d" (for diameter) and its value to create the last segment of the shape bar.
- The creation of the shape will be finished by typing "f" (for finish).
- A window will appear giving you options for the created shape.
- If you later want to add hooks to some of the bars select "Hook 1" or "Hook 2" (depending on which side the hook is required); the option "Hook is optional" must be selected. The hooks can have fixed types of angle and lengths.
- After setting the hook's specifications select "OK" to continue. Enter the shape name. For example "Shape Bar1".
- Select the illustration created to end the definition and to set it as the display image.
- The Bending Shape library will reappear, but this time it will also contain "Shape Bar 1". Select "Close" to save the settings.
a) The diameters inserted to bend the bar in certain points can be different, they do not necessarily have the same value.
b) The names given to the segments (A, B, C and D) are representative and their values are not fixed, each one will take the value that is required.