The following toolbars are used when creating a dynamic reinforcement solution:
Reinforcement solutions apply only to the structural elements for which they are defined. Therefore, before creating a reinforcement solution, you should consider what type of elements you need to include.
Example: How to create a dynamic reinforcement solution for a column
- Select the desired column and use the "Define solution" command on the Advance Reinforcement Solutions toolbar.
- In the "Creation of a reinforcement drawing" window, select 4 views > Dynamic reinforcement: left, front, top, isometric view.
- Follow all the reinforcement drawing creation steps by clicking the Next button. At the end, Advance Concrete will display a range of views containing the reinforcement bar sketch points (definition points).
- The sketch points are automatically created according to the selected element geometry. These points are used as definition points for the reinforcement bars.
- It is possible to add more definition points if necessary, according to the required type of the reinforcement bars. To create additional points, use the Advance Sketch Designer toolbar.
- Start reinforcing the element using the Advance Reinforcement toolbar. The reinforcement bars are created through the sketch points.
- Create the rectangular bar in the top view by 2 diagonal points, for example E and A.
- Define a linear distribution on the column height by 2 points (G and H).
Define the vertical bars by the G - H and A - B points.
Create a linear distribution in the "Left elevation" view, defining each distribution through the E and G points.
- The solution is created and must be saved. Use the "Save solution" command on the Advance Reinforcement Solutions toolbar:
- After launching the command, a window containing a 3D view of the reinforcement solution is displayed.
- Click Next to go to the next window, which shows the structural elements included in the solution (in this case, the column).
- Go to the next window, where you can add the reinforcement solution parameters representing the reinforcement bar properties: diameter, steel grade, hooks, length and angle of the hook, cover, distribution type with numbers of bars, and distance between the bars.
- Click Next. The following window provides information about the available post processing actions.
- Choose finish and save the solution.
The reinforcement solutions are saved as files in:
- To apply the saved solution: select a column and use the "Apply solution" command on the Advance Reinforcement Solutions toolbar:
- Select the previously saved solution in the displayed window:
- Click Next to access the window containing the reinforcement bar properties, which can be modified.
- Click Finish to apply the solution.
- To view the column reinforcement, create a reinforcement drawing: