Posted Fri, 02 Jul 2021 15:09:52 GMT by Curt Reiter Toledo Engineering Co., Inc.
I am trying to make stairs with an landing. I am having to 2 problems with the macro. I am trying to make a bar grating stair tread with side plates that are bolted to the stringer. The only problem I am having is I can't change the bolt type. Every time I choose a different bolt type it changes back to "EN ISO 10642 bolts". The other problem I am having is that I can't control the landing stringer top depth when I use a section profile vs. a plate for the stringer. I am using Advance Steel 2020. I have attached pictures of the problems I am having.
Posted Tue, 10 Aug 2021 13:15:15 GMT by Curt Reiter Toledo Engineering Co., Inc.
Does anyone use Power Pack to make stairs? If so, How do you get around the problems I am having?
Posted Mon, 16 Aug 2021 13:02:07 GMT by Mick Allitt C and N Fabrications Ltd. DRAUGHTSMAN
Not sure what is happening with your bolts, I don't have the same problem with both the 2021 and 2022 versions.
You should be able change the landing depth on the Stringer-Positioning-Relative to landing-Input.
I did notice your dialogue box is a bit different to mine, what version and build are you using?
Can you attach your model?

Posted Mon, 16 Aug 2021 13:03:43 GMT by Mick Allitt C and N Fabrications Ltd. DRAUGHTSMAN
Sorry I've just seen you are using 2020. :-)
Posted Tue, 17 Aug 2021 15:51:18 GMT by Curt Reiter Toledo Engineering Co., Inc.
I contacted the support and they told me the bolt problem use fixed with 2020.1 version and the stringer offset is fixed in the 2022 version. I will not be using the stair part until we update to 2022 version of Advance Steel. I wish they would have fixed the offset problem with the 2020.1 version because I am not sure when we will move to a newer version of Advance Steel. Thanks for trying to help Mick Allitt!

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

GRAITEC Services
Training
Consultancy
Development
Free Trial
GRAITEC Products
Advance Design
Advance Workshop
Advance BIM Designers
PowerPack for Revit®
PowerPack for Advance Steel
Autodesk Products
Collections
Subscriptions
Cloud services
Advance Steel
Revit®
Autocad®

GRAITEC GROUP 2018 | WE'VE UPDATED OUR PRIVACY NOTICE - Click here to find out more about how we collect, store and handle your personal data and your rights.