Posted Sun, 29 Sep 2013 04:26:25 GMT by Clifford Cole Midwest Design And Drafting Llc Owner

After talking with Graitec Advance Steel technical support, I have found that the only way to keep my system from crashing while using AutoCAD 2012 Mechanical (Vinalla profile) when in Advance Steel 2013 is to disable the target option when using the shift key + center wheel mouse to 3d orbit.  The only other thing I can do to eliminate the crashing is to disable the hardware acceleration for my video card.  Using the icon for 3d orbiting is way to time consuming.

Unfortunately, Graitec support does not have a computer with AutoCAD 2012 Mechanical to test it on their end.  They have plain AutoCAD 2012, which has no issues with the 3d orbit.

I have two computers that are having the same exact issue.  When I use AutoCAD 2011 Mechanical (Vinalla profile) I do not have any problem.

Is there ANYONE out there that is using AutoCAD 2012 Mechanical (Vinalla profile) that has this same problem when using Advance Steel 2013 and 3d orbiting with the shift key and center mouse button with the target option enabled and hardware acceleration on?  If you do have this combination, please let me know how it's working for you.

Tech support with AutoDesk, Graitec, Nvidia, etc. have not been able to resolve the issue.  I have installed the latest drivers for everything, the latest software patches and hot fixes for Advance Steel, AutoCAD 2012 Mechanical, Nvidia video card, etc.

My new compter has 32GB ram, Nvidia Quadro K3000M video card with 2GB ram, 480 SSD hard drive, Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit, etc.

Basicaly, I'm stuck using my old compter with AutoCAD 2011 and my $3400 new computer sits idle all day long....  At least my old compter works but it's getting outdated because of my old Windows XP Pro operating system.

Posted Mon, 30 Sep 2013 15:34:38 GMT by Olivier Gervais Graitec inc. Technical Supervisor

Hello Mr. Cole

After our discussion of last week, I found this section on Autodesk website:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/syscert?siteID=123112&id=18844534&results=1&stype=graphic&product_group=3&release=2012&os=8192&manuf=1&opt=0

This is a list of the tested and recommended video card by Autodesk. Technically if you are AutoCAD based (any 2012 versions), it is the best way to know if your video card is the compatible or not with their product.

By digging a little bit more on their web site, it seems they have a Driver for Revit 2013 and over but nothing older than that.

Regards,

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

GRAITEC Services
Training
Consultancy
Development
Free Trial
GRAITEC Products
Advance Design
Advance Workshop
Advance BIM Designers
PowerPack for Revit®
PowerPack for Advance Steel
Autodesk Products
Collections
Subscriptions
Cloud services
Advance Steel
Revit®
Autocad®

GRAITEC GROUP 2018 | WE'VE UPDATED OUR PRIVACY NOTICE - Click here to find out more about how we collect, store and handle your personal data and your rights.