Posted Sun, 06 Jan 2013 07:17:47 GMT by
I need to prepare drawings of various groups of assemblies (this shall be different that the lots/ phase) in my model.
The drawing name is required to be of the following sequence:

EPL - Project Number - DWG - Group Number - sheet no.

& Tokens used  in the Title block are (4 separate tokens):

EPL - <PROJECT_NO> - DWG - <DRAWING_NO>

Now I need to have the Drawing Number to : Some Number for the group - %FLAT(03)
 e.g. for drawing nos. would be 500 - 001, 500 - 002, 500 - 003, etc. 
so full drawing name shown on the title block will be like : EPL - 170 - DWG - 500 - 001

To achieve this, I am using the "Filename Selector" option in the Drawing Process Manager.
While creating the drawings, I select the group of assemblies I want to create the drawing for. Then I change the details in the "Filename Selector" for the particular process to what I have shown above.

Now the problem is that though in the Document Manager the drawing name is shown as 500 - 002,
in the title block in the <DRAWING_NO> token, I get only the value 002 (provided by the %FLAT(03)) and not the Group number (500) I prefixed before it.

If I manually create a drawing using only the drawing style manager, the complete Drawing name shown in the Document Manager is also shown on the title block using the same Prototype. But using the Drawing Process Manager I get only the drawing FLAT no.

Please advise how to achieve this.
Posted Sun, 06 Jan 2013 07:20:44 GMT by
My query missed some parts which I had included in triangular brackets"<>". So am reposting without the triangular brackets.

I need to prepare drawings of various groups of assemblies (this shall be different that the lots/ phase) in my model.
The drawing name is required to be of the following sequence:

EPL - Project Number - DWG - Group Number - sheet no.

& Tokens used  in the Title block are (4 separate tokens):

EPL - "PROJECT_NO" - DWG - "DRAWING_NO"

Now I need to have the Drawing Number to : Some Number for the group - %FLAT(03)
 e.g. for drawing nos. would be 500 - 001, 500 - 002, 500 - 003, etc. 
so full drawing name shown on the title block will be like : EPL - 170 - DWG - 500 - 001

To achieve this, I am using the "Filename Selector" option in the Drawing Process Manager.
While creating the drawings, I select the group of assemblies I want to create the drawing for. Then I change the details in the "Filename Selector" for the particular process to what I have shown above.

Now the problem is that though in the Document Manager the drawing name is shown as 500 - 002,
in the title block in the token, I get only the value 002 (provided by the %FLAT(03)) and not the Group number (500) I prefixed before it.

If I manually create a drawing using only the drawing style manager, the complete Drawing name shown in the Document Manager is also shown on the title block using the same Prototype. But using the Drawing Process Manager I get only the drawing FLAT no.

Please advise how to achieve this

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

GRAITEC Services
Training
Consultancy
Development
Free Trial
GRAITEC Products
Advance Design
Advance Workshop
Advance BIM Designers
PowerPack for Revit®
PowerPack for Advance Steel
Autodesk Products
Collections
Subscriptions
Cloud services
Advance Steel
Revit®
Autocad®

GRAITEC GROUP 2018 | WE'VE UPDATED OUR PRIVACY NOTICE - Click here to find out more about how we collect, store and handle your personal data and your rights.