Posted Mon, 08 Oct 2012 17:21:00 GMT by
I am trying to create a connection. A plate moment connection with a brace. The image shown is an attempt at it. Except I would like the plate bolted the column to be extended to fit/match the parameters of the brace connection as the brace connection would be welded to the bolted plate. My question is there a connection like this in the vault that follows this. As of right now whats shown is two connections using the connection vault.

Attachment: Plate Moment Brace Connection.JPG

Posted Tue, 09 Oct 2012 08:18:04 GMT by Dumitru BERTEANU Graitec ROMANIA
Hello,

To obtain this type of connection you will need to use two connections : one to connect the rafter to the column (which creates the bolted plate on the column) and the other one to connect the bracing through a gusset to the column/rafter. To get the expected result, you will need to extend the plate on the column from the first joint control (in most joints similar to this one this can be done from the Vertical bolts arrangement controller inside the joint properties window), and then add a gap between the gusset and the column to avoid the collision. For the "Gusset plate to column and base plate" connection this gap can be added from the tab : General / Gusset plate parallel , parameter : 8.Projection. A negative value here will add a gap between the gusset plate and the column.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

GRAITEC Services
Training
Consultancy
Development
Free Trial
GRAITEC Products
Advance Design
Advance Workshop
Advance BIM Designers
PowerPack for Revit®
PowerPack for Advance Steel
Autodesk Products
Collections
Subscriptions
Cloud services
Advance Steel
Revit®
Autocad®

GRAITEC GROUP 2018 | WE'VE UPDATED OUR PRIVACY NOTICE - Click here to find out more about how we collect, store and handle your personal data and your rights.