Posted Thu, 28 Mar 2013 16:12:20 GMT by Carsten Schwarz

While dimensioning in imperial units I am having quite a hard time getting the AS dimensions to display according to our company standards. When manualy using the Autocad Mechanical dimensioning tool they appear as desired, and as specified in my "Dimension Style Manager". However, when I dimension the same item using the AS tool, the dimension is displayed in a less desirable manner. Namely, the hanging " 0' " when the dimension is less than one foot, the lack of a straight leader line when the dimension is outside the arrows, and the lack of a " after the inch dimension (see attached file). Despite my best efforts I cannot rectify this conundrum. Furthermore, when having AS create SP drawings for me, the dimensions come in as 'DSC_DIM_STYLE1" rather then "AM_ANSI" (which is the only style I have defined in my prototype). Can you help me understand how to make these changes?

Much Thanks.

Attachment: Unit dsiplay_1.zip

Posted Fri, 29 Mar 2013 00:29:03 GMT by Carsten Schwarz

After a lot of leg work I have solved the issue of the floating "0" when the dimension is less then 1' long. Also "DSCM_DIM_STYLE1" is no longer the default automatic dimensioning standard. This is looking much better!

The two things that still escape me. Why is there no " (inch) mark? Why is there no side leader? I am using the exact same settings for "AM_ANSI" that I use in Autocad, yet it produces a different result. What am I missing.

Thanks much!

Attachment: Unit Display Better.zip

Posted Mon, 01 Apr 2013 11:23:11 GMT by Dumitru BERTEANU Graitec ROMANIA
The inch mark associated to an Advance Steel dimension line can be turned off and on via a default value found in GAM /Defaults called : "Display of inch symbol". In your case, turn it on and then update the drawings for the modification to be considered.
As for the "side leader", can you please give me an example at what exactly is missing from the existing dimensions ? As far as I see, the drawing screenshot you've attached contains leader line for dimension texts that don't fit correctly between the dimension lines.
Posted Mon, 01 Apr 2013 17:42:49 GMT by Carsten Schwarz

Dumitru,

Thank you very much for your help on the inch mark. That worked great. Concerning the leader line I included a screen shot with an Autocad dimension of our company standard (top) and what AS is currently producing (bottom). What changes do I need to make in order to produce an AS dimension that is identical to the AutoCAD dimmenion in appearance?

Thanks again! 

Posted Mon, 01 Apr 2013 17:43:59 GMT by Carsten Schwarz
Sorry the file failed to attach.

Attachment: LEADER DETAIL_0.zip

Posted Wed, 03 Apr 2013 07:50:59 GMT by Dumitru BERTEANU Graitec ROMANIA
The fit text option inside the Dimension Style Manager is not taken into consideration by the Advance Steel dimension lines. The text will always be created inside the dimension , between the extension lines, except the case where there is no room - when the text will be moved outside and recieve a leader line if configured. This behaviour is correct, and currently can't be modified for the AS automatic or dimension lines.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

GRAITEC Services
Training
Consultancy
Development
Free Trial
GRAITEC Products
Advance Design
Advance Workshop
Advance BIM Designers
PowerPack for Revit®
PowerPack for Advance Steel
Autodesk Products
Collections
Subscriptions
Cloud services
Advance Steel
Revit®
Autocad®

GRAITEC GROUP 2018 | WE'VE UPDATED OUR PRIVACY NOTICE - Click here to find out more about how we collect, store and handle your personal data and your rights.