Posted Thu, 28 Mar 2013 10:29:18 GMT by
Hello

I have imported an model from Revit into Advance Steel 2013 (AutoCAD version) with no problems. 

I detailed the connections in Advance steel. I now want to export these connections back into the revit model. I presume this can be done? 

A couples of notes; 

I did try using the import tool, but that doubles up on the elements already in revit model. 

I gave the synchronization tool ago, but didn't seem to have any luck.

Ideas? 

Thanks Damen
Posted Mon, 01 Apr 2013 12:37:10 GMT by Adriana CARSTEA Graitec Romania SRL

You can import back in Revit only the plates and thefeatures added by the connections. The bolts and different features added onbeams (for ex. Haunch beam) will not be imported.

When you import back a file in the same model from where it wasexported, the elements which were already in the model will be doubled. Inorder to avoid this, you have to use the synchronization option or to import ina new Revit model.

The sync option work like this:

-         After you add the connections in Advance Steel,export the file to gtcx

-         Go in Revit and from Graitec BIM Connect select “Synchronization”

-         Load the gtcx file exported from AS and noticethe difference between the Revit model and the AS model (green- new objects, blue-changed objects, red –deleted objects)

-         Make right click on each difference and select “Accept”after use the option “Apply”.

-         When you close the dialog the synchronizedelements should be visible in Revit.

Posted Mon, 01 Jul 2013 13:11:08 GMT by Adriana CARSTEA Graitec Romania SRL

Check the attached picture.

Attachment: Sync workflow.png

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

GRAITEC Services
Training
Consultancy
Development
Free Trial
GRAITEC Products
Advance Design
Advance Workshop
Advance BIM Designers
PowerPack for Revit®
PowerPack for Advance Steel
Autodesk Products
Collections
Subscriptions
Cloud services
Advance Steel
Revit®
Autocad®

GRAITEC GROUP 2018 | WE'VE UPDATED OUR PRIVACY NOTICE - Click here to find out more about how we collect, store and handle your personal data and your rights.