Posted Wed, 27 Mar 2013 21:37:55 GMT by Carsten Schwarz

Hello,

I asked this question a few weeks ago but am not sure if you guys got it or not. I am having trouble with the section lines that AS creates. It seems that everytime I move them to where I want them and then update the view they go back to the same places that they were before I moved them. I have attached a photo.

Thanks

Attachment: Sectionlinequestion_0.png

Posted Thu, 28 Mar 2013 09:16:51 GMT by Dumitru BERTEANU Graitec ROMANIA

If by section lines you reffer to the cut symbol position (the arrow cut symbol with the name of it attached), then those symbols should not move around during update, and keep their position (as long as their new position is on the same line as the cut direction).

If you reffer to the manual dimensions : then those normally do not move either. But to further investigation your situation, we'll need the model and the drawing which contains those dimension lines that change position. Also mention the Advance Steel version used.

As a workaround you can try to set the following default on Off before updating the drawings : Erase incorrect manual dimension points on update, from GAM / Defaults / Drawing - Dimensioning / General

Posted Tue, 02 Apr 2013 23:43:52 GMT by Carsten Schwarz

Thanks for your help! I am not having trouble with the Dimensions....Although that is a nice trick to remember....I am having trouble with the "cut symbols" moving after an update.

Here is the an example model and drawing along with a pictures showing the right way and the wrong way.

Posted Tue, 02 Apr 2013 23:45:40 GMT by Carsten Schwarz
I am not sure if that attachment went through..... lets try again...

Attachment: Question_0.zip

Posted Tue, 09 Apr 2013 22:16:09 GMT by Carsten Schwarz

Oh I forgot to mention that I am using Advance Steel 2010.........

Posted Tue, 09 Apr 2013 22:16:56 GMT by Carsten Schwarz

Could it be a bug in the software?

Posted Wed, 10 Apr 2013 07:36:09 GMT by Dumitru BERTEANU Graitec ROMANIA
An improvment was made in Advance Steel to keep the cut symbol changed position during update in Advance Steel 2012, so in your 2010 version this issue is still present.
Posted Wed, 10 Apr 2013 21:35:40 GMT by Carsten Schwarz

Well.....That does not solve my issue.......... Is there any kind of a work around? The company I work for (Takraf) requires the "section cut line letters symbols" to be outside of the object. This is a pretty common standard I am sure for almost all compaines out there.

Posted Thu, 11 Apr 2013 07:42:58 GMT by Dumitru BERTEANU Graitec ROMANIA
If the drawings do not get update, then the symbols will remain at their place. For the Advance Steel 2010 version there is no workaround to avoid this from happening, and the symbols will always get moved. If you want to avoid this we recommend you installing a new version, where the issue was fixed.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

GRAITEC Services
Training
Consultancy
Development
Free Trial
GRAITEC Products
Advance Design
Advance Workshop
Advance BIM Designers
PowerPack for Revit®
PowerPack for Advance Steel
Autodesk Products
Collections
Subscriptions
Cloud services
Advance Steel
Revit®
Autocad®

GRAITEC GROUP 2018 | WE'VE UPDATED OUR PRIVACY NOTICE - Click here to find out more about how we collect, store and handle your personal data and your rights.