Posted Tue, 25 Dec 2012 02:48:14 GMT by MILE
Why?, when assembly is copied with miror gets different assembly number.??
Posted Thu, 27 Dec 2012 13:21:29 GMT by Dumitru BERTEANU Graitec ROMANIA
Assembly numbering also takes into consideration the relative position of the single parts to the main part of the assembly. When you do a mirror on an assembly, this relative position can change, if the attached parts are not symmetrically positioned in relation to the main part. So please check if the assembly is symmetric first, allowing mirror to create an identical assembly. If it appears symmetric but the mirror still doesn't give you a correct output, please send us a model dwg with the original assembly and the mirrored one that appears with a different assembly number.
Posted Thu, 03 Jan 2013 00:55:45 GMT by MILE
Hi Dumitru. I found out that assemply numbering is not the problem. The problem is asimetrical parts. When you will mirror some asymetrical part like L-shape or C-Shape (see picture C-Shape = U-Shape) then the exactly same elements wits same features get diferent part number, because of this parts same assemblyes gets different asembly numbers. (on attached picture i make 4 profiles, I, C(U), L and SHS and drill 2 holes) the I and SHS shapes gets same numbers but L and C profiles gets different numbers. Best regards and Happy New Year.

Attachment: Untitled_0.png

Posted Mon, 07 Jan 2013 07:46:17 GMT by Dumitru BERTEANU Graitec ROMANIA
The asymmetrical objects you mirror in the examples have features that make the mirror object different then the source. If you rotate the mirrored object to match the position of the source one, you will notice that the hole patterns will be on the other side, making the two objects different, reason for which AS numbers those two objects with a different mark.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

GRAITEC Services
Training
Consultancy
Development
Free Trial
GRAITEC Products
Advance Design
Advance Workshop
Advance BIM Designers
PowerPack for Revit®
PowerPack for Advance Steel
Autodesk Products
Collections
Subscriptions
Cloud services
Advance Steel
Revit®
Autocad®

GRAITEC GROUP 2018 | WE'VE UPDATED OUR PRIVACY NOTICE - Click here to find out more about how we collect, store and handle your personal data and your rights.