Posted Wed, 25 Aug 2010 15:25:05 GMT by Glyn Simmonds Barnvale Engineering
Sorry, I do not know if I sent this query over yesterday or not!

Please could you inform me how I can darw a connection, in this case a single plate welded to the end of a channel, then connecting to another, with my own parameters, then save this as a template connection?
Thank you
Posted Thu, 26 Aug 2010 08:09:09 GMT by Dumitru BERTEANU Graitec ROMANIA
Hello,

There is a feature in Advance Steel called : User Connection which allow the user to save a custom made connection for further use in other models. You can find additional information about it in the documentation : http://www.graitec.info/Common/Downloads/Documentation/AS-UserGuide-2010-EN-metric.pdf at page : 109. In addition, you need to make sure to place the UCS when you want to insert the saved connection in the same relative position you had it when the connection was exported.

Regards,
Dumitru Berteanu
Posted Mon, 06 Sep 2010 11:39:02 GMT by Glyn Simmonds Barnvale Engineering

Thank you for your recent help, I have another one for you if you can kindly assist.

I have drawn a steel structure made from channel section.

All has been drawn with the position being centre (on axis), however if I have hole marks centre on the flange, when I produce a fabrication drawing the dimension line is taken from the axis.

How do i turn the access line off before I produce the fabrication drawing or change this around so the dimension line can be from the edge or centre of the steel?

Hopefully you understand my question, thanking you.

Regards,

Glyn

Posted Mon, 13 Sep 2010 10:37:01 GMT by Dumitru BERTEANU Graitec ROMANIA
Hello,

Please send us the model and the detail drawing to check the drawing style used and the dimension line in case (you can attach the files on the forum by using the "Attach file" function available when you do a forum replay).

Regards,
Dumitru Berteanu

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

GRAITEC Services
Training
Consultancy
Development
Free Trial
GRAITEC Products
Advance Design
Advance Workshop
Advance BIM Designers
PowerPack for Revit®
PowerPack for Advance Steel
Autodesk Products
Collections
Subscriptions
Cloud services
Advance Steel
Revit®
Autocad®

GRAITEC GROUP 2018 | WE'VE UPDATED OUR PRIVACY NOTICE - Click here to find out more about how we collect, store and handle your personal data and your rights.