Posted Mon, 03 Jan 2011 01:35:36 GMT by Greg Daneshvar GD Drafting Steel Detailer
Couple moths ago I was surfing Graitec website & noticed a like called "Graitec Viewer" but it is not there anymore. My question is:
1-Am I correct? Was there such a link?
2-If yes, what was the purpose of it & why it has been removed?

Regards,
Greg Daneshvar

Posted Mon, 03 Jan 2011 13:06:51 GMT by

1. Sorry not to see exactly which link you are talking about.

2. Yes, we have a “viewer license” allowing to open Advance Steel projects and to browse the model including object properties. You just need to install Advance Steel and ask for a “Viewer License” to Graitec or an authorized resellers. The license is free of charge.

Best regards,
Manuel LIEDOT

Posted Mon, 03 Jan 2011 16:42:41 GMT by Greg Daneshvar GD Drafting Steel Detailer
Thanks Manuel for information.

Regards,
Greg Daneshvar

Posted Sat, 22 Jan 2011 16:40:19 GMT by William BROOKS Pinnacle Drafting Owner
Will this viewer also allow somebody to see the shop drawings?

Thanks in advance for your response! :o)
Posted Thu, 27 Jan 2011 15:00:54 GMT by

You can open the Advance Steel drawings (File > Open) from the "Details" subfolder (where they have been saved), and open/ view them one by one.

Regards

Philippe

Posted Thu, 27 Jan 2011 16:34:04 GMT by Greg Daneshvar GD Drafting Steel Detailer
Phillipe,
I think Bill is asking if third party who dose not have Graitec can open drawings by using Advance Steel Viewer License.

Regards,
Greg Daneshvar
Posted Thu, 27 Jan 2011 16:39:30 GMT by

Hello Greg, hello Bill,

I did the test on my side (before posting my comment) with an Advance Steel 2011 viewer license, and I confirm that you can open drawings by using Advance Steel Viewer License.

Regards

Philippe

Posted Thu, 27 Jan 2011 17:28:01 GMT by

In complement to Philippe's answer:

For Bill : yes, the Advance Steel viewer license allows you to open and see Advance Steel Models and all Drawings (only see / not modify).

For Greg: without an Advance Steel viewer license, you cannot see an Advance Steel drawing, unless the Advance Steel user has “exploded” his drawing to a standard DWG file. In Advance Steel, there is a simple command to “explode” all (or a set) of drawings as simple DWG. Then, they can be seen and modified by any AutoCAD or AutoCAD LT. But in this case, changes are not synchronized anymore with the model.

Posted Thu, 27 Jan 2011 17:46:04 GMT by Greg Daneshvar GD Drafting Steel Detailer
Thanks to Phillipe & Manuel's quick respond. Now I'm clear on this issue.

Regards,
Greg Daneshvar

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

GRAITEC Services
Training
Consultancy
Development
Free Trial
GRAITEC Products
Advance Design
Advance Workshop
Advance BIM Designers
PowerPack for Revit®
PowerPack for Advance Steel
Autodesk Products
Collections
Subscriptions
Cloud services
Advance Steel
Revit®
Autocad®

GRAITEC GROUP 2018 | WE'VE UPDATED OUR PRIVACY NOTICE - Click here to find out more about how we collect, store and handle your personal data and your rights.