Posted Thu, 18 Dec 2014 15:39:49 GMT by Kirk Bailey 4297 Draftsman
Good morning, is it possible to add more steel members to the grab rail function of the guardrail macro in AS 2015.1?
If so, would you attach a PDF on how to do this? I'd like to make a grab rail with HSS square tube however, this doesn't currently seem possible.
Posted Thu, 18 Dec 2014 17:28:07 GMT by

Good morning,

Yes you can.

In the Advance manager select the table editor icon. Then, in the astorRules table select the line that reads "JointsGuiAllowedSections". You can use filter to help find it.

In that table, you will see on line 31 that in manages join control "Grabrail". It tells us that the allowed section is O.

After you will go under Astor Profiles and select the "ProfileMasterTable", again, you can use filter option to find it. You then find the category you want to add. In you case I beleive it would be the AISC_HSS_Square. If you scroll to the left, under the column "SubTypName" you will see that it is "H".

You then go back to the Astor rule table and select the line that reads "JointsGuiAllowedSections". You will the copy line 31 at the end of the table and simply change the O to an H. Make sure to also change the KEY number to 99999 to make sure it isn't overlapping anything.

Close Advance manager, update defaults and you will have access to the new category. You can add any category to any macro that way.

Regards

Posted Thu, 18 Dec 2014 19:29:11 GMT by Kirk Bailey 4297 Draftsman

Thanks for the reply, Pascal! Also, How would i go about adding AISC 1/2x1/2 Square tube to the database? as doesnt seem to be present

Posted Thu, 18 Dec 2014 20:15:16 GMT by

No problem Angie. 

Do you mean a square bar? If yes it is already available. If not, you will have to create a new section in the Astorprofile database...

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

GRAITEC Services
Training
Consultancy
Development
Free Trial
GRAITEC Products
Advance Design
Advance Workshop
Advance BIM Designers
PowerPack for Revit®
PowerPack for Advance Steel
Autodesk Products
Collections
Subscriptions
Cloud services
Advance Steel
Revit®
Autocad®

GRAITEC GROUP 2018 | WE'VE UPDATED OUR PRIVACY NOTICE - Click here to find out more about how we collect, store and handle your personal data and your rights.