Posted Thu, 15 Jul 2010 22:22:29 GMT by Robby Heinlein VP of Operations
I am trying to detail pipe bollards, and need to install an aluminum cap on the top and rebar through the bottom. I do not see how I can make a rebar object. I assume I will have to make the cap out of an AutoCAD solid and tell the program what it is?
Posted Fri, 16 Jul 2010 15:07:49 GMT by Dumitru BERTEANU Graitec ROMANIA
Hello,

The semisphere type of cap plate required for the pipe bollards is not avaliable as an Advance Steel as a predefined object / macro. In order to obtain the required object in Advance Steel, you need to create it as an Autocad ACIS object, save it in a file which then is placed in your Symbols folder ( C:\ProgramData\Graitec\AdvanceSteel\2010\Shared\Support\Symbols ) and then add it in the model using the function : Advance Steel Special Part ( C:\ProgramData\Graitec\AdvanceSteel\2010\Shared\Support\Symbols )
But, this type of element can't be detailed in a single part / main part detail drawing. You can only add them to Overview type of drawing.
Posted Fri, 16 Jul 2010 15:16:38 GMT by Robby Heinlein VP of Operations
But can I add it to the BOM?

What about the rebar?
Posted Fri, 16 Jul 2010 15:30:34 GMT by Dumitru BERTEANU Graitec ROMANIA
Yes, you can number the special parts and add them to BOM lists.
In order to create simple rebar objects in Advance Steel, you can create polylines to follow the shape, and then use Beam to polyline, while using a Round profile.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

GRAITEC Services
Training
Consultancy
Development
Free Trial
GRAITEC Products
Advance Design
Advance Workshop
Advance BIM Designers
PowerPack for Revit®
PowerPack for Advance Steel
Autodesk Products
Collections
Subscriptions
Cloud services
Advance Steel
Revit®
Autocad®

GRAITEC GROUP 2018 | WE'VE UPDATED OUR PRIVACY NOTICE - Click here to find out more about how we collect, store and handle your personal data and your rights.