Posted Wed, 29 May 2013 18:28:19 GMT by Norman Davies NP Davies
Loaded software a few months ago & got message - (64bit version of Microsoft access database failed to install. May encounter performance problems.)
Would any of the following issues relate to this?
1. Connection vault - Ayrshire-roof anti-sag system. When I click on use the command reads - Unknown Error 0x80131937 & it won't load.
2. Connection vault - Ayrshire-side rail anti-sag system. When I click on use flagged message reads - Error(IM002)(Microsoft)(ODBC Driver Manager) Data source name not found and no default driver specified &
it won't load.
3. In View. Shade, Full Render & Render work fine, but Backgrounds give me message - Unable to recognize command.
Note: I have loaded Service Pack 1 & Service Pack Hotfix (SP2).

Norman.
Posted Thu, 30 May 2013 11:18:45 GMT by

The warning message you got during install is just for information. As stated, in some cases performance may not be the absolute optimum but all functionality should work. I wouldn’t worry too much about that.

I believe the errors you are getting with the Ayrshire joints are because they are old superseded code. Although these should work fine, occasionally a user has to adjust some configuration to get them working. Please try renaming the file C:\ProgramData\Graitec\Advance Steel\2013\Configuration\DatabaseConfiguration.xml and replacing it with the one sent directly. Then try again.

In version 2013 all the cold rolled joints were updated. In general the Anti Sag systems are no longer placed with the supplier specific macros (that are old and cannot always support the latest catalogues) but are placed with the 4 new generic “Side Rail Anti Sag”, “Side Rail Sag Rod and Tube”, “Roof Anti Sag” and “Roof Sag Rod and Tube” joints. These are fully configurable for any supplier and can be configured to support any foreseeable updates. However, Ayrshire may have some unique requirements that are not fully supported in these new macros yet.

The rendering commands such as Background do not work yet in Advance Steel 64 bit stand alone. If you have access to AutoCAD you can edit such properties in there.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

GRAITEC Services
Training
Consultancy
Development
Free Trial
GRAITEC Products
Advance Design
Advance Workshop
Advance BIM Designers
PowerPack for Revit®
PowerPack for Advance Steel
Autodesk Products
Collections
Subscriptions
Cloud services
Advance Steel
Revit®
Autocad®

GRAITEC GROUP 2018 | WE'VE UPDATED OUR PRIVACY NOTICE - Click here to find out more about how we collect, store and handle your personal data and your rights.