Posted Thu, 10 Jun 2010 21:13:45 GMT by Greg Daneshvar GD Drafting Steel Detailer
It is common these days to use a piece of WT for beam to column connection but I don't see this option in Advance steel. Is there a way to apply without deleting intelligent connection & adding manually?
This type of connection should be used to beam ends too.

Thanks for reply.

Regards,
Greg Daneshvar
Posted Fri, 18 Jun 2010 14:18:49 GMT by Dumitru BERTEANU Graitec ROMANIA
Hello,

Please give us additional information about what this WT piece, and to what beam to column connection are they referring.

Regards,
Dumitru Berteanu.

Posted Mon, 05 Jul 2010 16:20:30 GMT by
I think what he is talking about it like the shear plate connection for beam to column connection. Instead of it being a plate the material is a WT shape.
Posted Tue, 06 Jul 2010 17:42:37 GMT by Greg Daneshvar GD Drafting Steel Detailer
As Daniel Miller point it out I like to use WT shape instead of shear tab. Another words we should have an additional icon for WT connection in Joint tool bar. Later on today I will send a snap shot of this connection which I applied manually to  Dumitru Berteanu.
I wish we would have "File Attachment" option so everyone could view the drawings attached.

Regards,
Greg Daneshvar
Posted Thu, 22 Jul 2010 15:21:05 GMT by
Greg,

Was just wondering if you had heard anything on this connection?
Posted Thu, 22 Jul 2010 16:13:04 GMT by Greg Daneshvar GD Drafting Steel Detailer
I have not heard any reply from Graitec so far. Hope they are working on it.

Regards,

Greg Daneshvar
Posted Thu, 22 Jul 2010 16:33:56 GMT by Dumitru BERTEANU Graitec ROMANIA
The request is already taken into consideration for a future release of Advance Steel. A new joint needs to be developed to allow the use of a single side T profile (WT beam) instead of the angle profiles.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

GRAITEC Services
Training
Consultancy
Development
Free Trial
GRAITEC Products
Advance Design
Advance Workshop
Advance BIM Designers
PowerPack for Revit®
PowerPack for Advance Steel
Autodesk Products
Collections
Subscriptions
Cloud services
Advance Steel
Revit®
Autocad®

GRAITEC GROUP 2018 | WE'VE UPDATED OUR PRIVACY NOTICE - Click here to find out more about how we collect, store and handle your personal data and your rights.