Posted Fri, 12 Feb 2016 05:57:22 GMT by Laszlo Saly
I installed AS2016. When I created my shop drawings I realized the plate weld preparation does not show neither on the shall parts nor on the assembly. Anyone had the same or similar issues with AS 2016?
Posted Wed, 17 Feb 2016 19:20:17 GMT by Tommy Moussis Graitec USA Inc.
Hello Laszlo, this could happen if the drawing style being use does not encompass the model object "Weld Preparation". To fix this issue, simply add the model object to your drawing style object presentation. See attached image. Best Regards

Attachment: Weld preparation.png

Posted Wed, 17 Feb 2016 19:59:00 GMT by Laszlo Saly
Tommy. Thanks for the response. I have the weld preparation in that drawing style. When I detail the small part plate the section view shows the angle of the weld preparation but does not show the visible cut. I believe the issue is deeper in the AS2016. I tried many drawing styles and none of the shows the plate weld preparation neither on the small part drawings or the assembly drawings. The beam weld preparations show on both. Is there anybody out there who can see the plate weld preparation with their AS2016 drawing style?
Posted Thu, 18 Feb 2016 19:12:51 GMT by Tommy Moussis Graitec USA Inc.
Hello Lazlo, I've attached a few images showing both MP and SP drawing styles that show weld preparations. It could be possible that you're not using the latest build of Advance Steel, do you have the R2 release installed?

Attachment: Weld preparation SP.png

Posted Thu, 18 Feb 2016 19:15:25 GMT by Tommy Moussis Graitec USA Inc.
Here is an example of the Plate Assembly drawing style

Attachment: Weld preparation MP_0.png

Posted Thu, 18 Feb 2016 19:16:58 GMT by Tommy Moussis Graitec USA Inc.
Here is another example of a Beam assembly drawing style. Best Regards

Attachment: Weld preparation Assembly_1.png

Posted Thu, 18 Feb 2016 20:01:04 GMT by Laszlo Saly
Tommy. I did not have it installed until yesterday. I am checking it right now if it it is working. Can you check if it work when you create your plate weld preparation with the moment connection?
Posted Thu, 18 Feb 2016 23:50:34 GMT by Tommy Moussis Graitec USA Inc.
Laszlo, attached is an example of a moment connection being shown with the Beam assembly drawing style. Best Regards

Attachment: weld preparation moment.png

Posted Fri, 18 Mar 2016 17:57:32 GMT by Laszlo Saly
Tommy. Your attachment shows the weld preparation on the beam and not on the continuity plate. I have no issues with the weld preparation on the beams only on the plates.
Posted Fri, 18 Mar 2016 18:00:29 GMT by Laszlo Saly
I got to the conclusion that the user setting and the advance setting of the drawings style is not the same in AS2016. My fix to this problem is: I exported the drawings from the advance setting and then imported it into the user setting. It seems to work for now.
Posted Fri, 18 Mar 2016 19:24:31 GMT by Tommy Moussis Graitec USA Inc.
Hello Laszlo,Attached is an image of two examples, a plate detailed alone and a plate attached to a beam. Both templates show the weld preparations. do you have the latest build of Advance Steel 2016? Type in the command line "AstorAbout" to see your build number, it should be build number 11149/Advance Steel 2016R2. Best Regards

Attachment: WELD PREPARATION 1.png

Posted Sat, 19 Mar 2016 19:29:34 GMT by Juan Olivas ACUA SERVICIOS PROFESIONALES INTEGRALES SC Structural steel Detailer
Hello, Tommy in our company we have the same issue with moment connection plate. I have a question, where cabn I download the Service Pack 2 for advance steel 2016? in Autodesk homepage only is possible download the hotfix 1 for Advance Steel 2016 and service packs for AutoCAD 2016.Regards. Carlos Olivas
Posted Mon, 21 Mar 2016 16:51:19 GMT by Andrew Hnyluk
Juan,you should be able to access all updates through your AutoDesk Accounts web page as well. Go to https://accounts.autodesk.com/ and sign in. Click on Management and select Products. Click on the link under Advance Steel for Downloads. Next click on Updates & Add-ons, and scroll down to the desired hotfix. Attached is a picture, I hope this helps!

Attachment: hotfix.bmp

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

GRAITEC Services
Training
Consultancy
Development
Free Trial
GRAITEC Products
Advance Design
Advance Workshop
Advance BIM Designers
PowerPack for Revit®
PowerPack for Advance Steel
Autodesk Products
Collections
Subscriptions
Cloud services
Advance Steel
Revit®
Autocad®

GRAITEC GROUP 2018 | WE'VE UPDATED OUR PRIVACY NOTICE - Click here to find out more about how we collect, store and handle your personal data and your rights.