Posted Sat, 09 Mar 2013 17:29:09 GMT by
Hi ,

I installed Advance Steel on Thursday night for Monday's training to make sure the software was running properly. The software is running fine - However I began trying out the program this weekend and I noticed that all the member sizes are in metric - not imperial. I remember reading the line telling me to make sure to select either Canada or the US for Imperial Member sizes during the installation process but I don't recall ever seeing that option come up. Maybe I missed it.

Should I try to re-install the software even after I've activated the 30 day license or is there a better way of changing the environment to show imperial member sizes?

Thanks for your help,
Jerry Evangelist
Steel Details Inc.
Posted Mon, 11 Mar 2013 07:51:50 GMT by Dumitru BERTEANU Graitec ROMANIA
You can convert the current version of Advance Steel to run imperial, but this will involve obtaining many of the specific imperial configuration file present in the Advance Steel installation. We recommand you uninstalling the software and installing it in the correct language version. The steps required are :
- uninstall Advance Steel from the "Uninstall" button on the Advance Setup.
- delete the following folder : C:\ProgramData\Graitec\Advance Steel\2013 to remove the metric configurations (proffered sizes, templates, prototypes etc.)
- install Advance Steel with the Advance Setup with the US/Canada language.
Reinstalling Advance Steel with the steps above will not reset or remove the license present on the computer, and you don't need to make any action to re-active it. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

GRAITEC Services
Training
Consultancy
Development
Free Trial
GRAITEC Products
Advance Design
Advance Workshop
Advance BIM Designers
PowerPack for Revit®
PowerPack for Advance Steel
Autodesk Products
Collections
Subscriptions
Cloud services
Advance Steel
Revit®
Autocad®

GRAITEC GROUP 2018 | WE'VE UPDATED OUR PRIVACY NOTICE - Click here to find out more about how we collect, store and handle your personal data and your rights.