Posted Mon, 25 Jul 2011 18:08:08 GMT by Patrick BOUCHER
I have a question regarding mapping of steel elements during a GTC file import into Advance Steel.

I have created a model in Revit Structure using custom beams and columns which I then exported to GTC. Upon import into Advance Steel none of my custom beams and columns map properly with existing databases of profiles.

This being said, where is the database which needs to be modified to include my custom shapes? Also, what drives the mapping of elements between Revit and Advance Steel? Is it the Family name or type, family material, shape?

Any help would be appreciated.
Posted Wed, 27 Jul 2011 17:56:19 GMT by Benoit Lalonde Graitec CANADA

Patrick, for import of Revit into Advance you can always see the FAQ called How is a model exported from Revit and imported in Advance Steel? The Advance Steel database involved in this import is called the GTCMapping2011.mdb. We cannot import elements having multiple items ex. a beam having firecoating and extra plate having a specific family for this item.

Regards,

Ben

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

GRAITEC Services
Training
Consultancy
Development
Free Trial
GRAITEC Products
Advance Design
Advance Workshop
Advance BIM Designers
PowerPack for Revit®
PowerPack for Advance Steel
Autodesk Products
Collections
Subscriptions
Cloud services
Advance Steel
Revit®
Autocad®

GRAITEC GROUP 2018 | WE'VE UPDATED OUR PRIVACY NOTICE - Click here to find out more about how we collect, store and handle your personal data and your rights.